Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show - SPOILERS!!! Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@lulu2 wrote:

Hi  @Shelbelle

I must have missed the fact they live in Pittsburgh.

(Maybe I heard incorrectly but) Didn't Randall's father say he was taking the bus to Philadelphia (6 hours round trip) to feed his cat? 

@lulu2 - Lots of clues about Pittsburgh, starting with the "terrible towel" Jack had on his naked body at the beginning of episode one (I couldn't believe they showed Milo's naked rear end on network TV!). We also see sports pennants throughout in the kids' rooms. 

In episode 2 Beth asks William where he goes all day. William tells Randall and Beth he takes the bus 3 hours each way to go feed his cat. He didn't tell them, because their younger daughter has asthma, and he said he knew they would tell him to bring the cat with him. 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Another clue from the pilot (read this in comments on a tv blog) is this:

Spoiler
There was a box in the pilot episode with family photoes.  The date written on the box was 1975 -1979 first clue as to the fact that jack and Rebecca storyline is in the past.

@VaBelle35 - I never picked up on that clue when I watched the first episode! I looked right at the box, but assumed it was family pictures from their parents or something! 

Honored Contributor

Ryan Michelle Bathe, Sterling K. Brown's (Randall) wife in real life will play Yvette, Rebecca and Jack's strong and outspoken friend in upcoming episodes. She also worked with him on Army Wives, another one of my favorite shows! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Thanks for that info.  I knew from the previews for next week that she looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.  I didn't know she was Sterling's wife.

I have to say, I liked Sterling in Army Wives, but he didn't have much of a part or get to do anything other than listen to the women complain.  LOL

He is really interesting to watch on this show.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

I will say that this show is most likely destined to be canceled, and rather quickly.

The reason I say this is because every show that I really get into and love, gets cancelled after one or two seasons. 

I've pretty much given up on getting into new shows, but I absolutely love this one and thought the pilot was simply amazing the way it played out. Reminded me of the feeling I got when I saw The Sixth Sense for the first time. I just didn't see it coming.

@Mominohio You an millions of others feel the same way about network tv and have abandoned network tv for just this reason.

One of the reasons that This is Us and Designated Survivor were immediately picked up for a full season after their premier episode was to keep people like you watching.

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees after season 1 and there are no guarantees after season 2, etc etc.  

And then there are no guarantees that a show will be "wrapped up" when it doesn't get renewed for another season, which really irritates people.

I have posted on this forum before that I am still bitter about the way the ended Las Vegas (with James Caan) and Army Wives.  They should have allowed those shows a finale episode or movie to wrap it all up.

Last year, Hallmark cancelled Cedar Cove and posted the most vague notice on their Facebook page that had everyone asking what their post meant.  It was comical.  And yet, when they tried to "clarify" the post, they just repeated the post.  Why it was so hard for them to say the show was cancelled is beyond me, but it was a very poorly executed decision.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Annabellethecat66@, @@everybody, lol.......please, my post wasn't about her being over weight per se.  I was wondering if there was going to be a weight loss SL.  My post was not personal against her.  She's beautiful and talented just as she is.

@Mmsfoxxie I didn't take your post that way at all.  You weren't slamming her or her weight; you were just asking a question.  You didn't say anything wrong.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought Jack died from the first episode based on something that I think Kate referenced but I can't remember what exactly it was.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@VaBelle35 It jumps around. For those interested in Chrissy Metz being overweight:

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/10/chrissy-metz-who-plays-kate-on-this-is-us-and-toby-nbc-age-we...

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1128613/exclusive-chrissy-metz-addresses-backlash-to-...

http://www.inquisitr.com/3557733/get-to-know-this-is-us-actress-chrissy-metz-who-is-kate-in-real-lif...

She is absolutely beautiful.  Her size has nothing to do with her beauty.  I'm sure she realizes she'd be healthier if she was smaller but (in my opinion), it's her business.  I'm sure some of you probably feel that way too.  You are all pretty much good people so I understand too.

I think she's beautiful too. I'm not overly thrilled with her character on the show though. Or even her twin brothers. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soonersis wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Kyle - would that have been the name of the triplet that didn't survive?

Yes, Kyle was to be the name of the baby who didn't survive.  When Rebecca told William she was having a hard time bonding with his baby he suggested she give him his "own" name.  So she changed it from Kyle to Randall.  Think that was a good idea.

That made me wonder.  Wouldn't they have had some kind of funeral or service for their baby who died? And you would think they would have given that baby the name Kyle.  But guess I'm overthinking this.

They may well have.  I have a friend whose baby passed away shortly after birth.  They adopted another and gave him the same first name.

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Kyle - would that have been the name of the triplet that didn't survive?

Yes, Kyle was to be the name of the baby who didn't survive.  When Rebecca told William she was having a hard time bonding with his baby he suggested she give him his "own" name.  So she changed it from Kyle to Randall.  Think that was a good idea.

That made me wonder.  Wouldn't they have had some kind of funeral or service for their baby who died? And you would think they would have given that baby the name Kyle.  But guess I'm overthinking this.

The show has been wierd about the death of the baby IMO. Other that the Dr and his heartfelt talk with Jack. I'm glad they at least showed the parents talking about the baby finally in episode 3. In the first episide IMO they acted like babies are just interchangable and it made no sense to me at all that they would just go, oh ok we'll take this one home instead.