Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show - SPOILERS!!! Don't read this if you don't want to know!

alrighty everyone......ignore my other post......it seems as if this was an april fools prank!

http://litefm.iheart.com/onair/the-bob-and-christine-morning-show-4874/this-is-us-announces-summer-s...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

At the end of that article it reads:  April fool.  

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Where did you read this @beach-mom?  I just went to NBC's website and couldn't find it.  I also did a Google search about whether there would be a special and found nothing.

@NickNack - I apologize to everyone! DD told me about it - it was a radio morning show interview. I went to the website HERE and saw it. They hadn't put up the disclaimer yet. As others have said, it turned out to be an April Fool's joke. 

So disappointed. I don't care if you do an April Fool's joke about this, but at least have the decency to tell everyone the same day! I will be VERY careful about verifying information from now on. The "fan" in me got excited! Smiley Wink

Again, I'm sorry for the misinformation. 

Honored Contributor

no worrries @beach-mom.

i spread the "joke" also. Smiley Embarassed

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

This Is Us' Chrissy Metz Pens Powerful Letter to Her Teenage Self: 'Stop Comparing Yourself' to Others

Hey, Girl, Hey!

You are just as important and beautiful as Amy, the most gorgeous cheerleader in your entire school, even if your hair isn’t the perfect natural shade of honey blonde or because your clothes aren’t from Guess or that your curves look VERY different from hers.

Contrary to the bill of goods you’ve been sold, life is not a competition. Stop comparing yourself to anyone or anything.

We are all on our own journey and YOU are the driver. There will be bumps in the road, detours to be taken and pit stops will have to be made, but you’ve got to fill ‘er up and keep going. You will lose your map, but never your intuition.

Allow every smile, frown and town you drive through to open your mind, but never close your heart.

One day you will appreciate the upgrade of that cruise control but never take your eye off that winding road you have paved by being courageously you!

– Chrissy

http://people.com/celebrity/chrissy-metz-worlds-most-beautiful-essay/

Honored Contributor

Well, that sux doesn't it?   

ITA with Sunshine - no worries, Beach Mom.   It's cool.   It did sound odd but I thought it sounded good and didn't even think past that.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@specialkbird wrote:

At the end of that article it reads:  April fool.  

Good to know... I didn't get that far because the site wanted me to disable my ad blocker, which I won't do, so I was trying to read the entire article in about the two inch window that was available without disabling the ad blocker. I got fed up and left the site before reading to the end. What a silly thing to do.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I thought it was odd no one involved  mentioned an after season movie.  The actors  talked about future seasons. Usually a movie  occurs to tie up ends when a series ends prematurely. 
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

This Is Us' Chrissy Metz Pens Powerful Letter to Her Teenage Self: 'Stop Comparing Yourself' to Others

Hey, Girl, Hey!

You are just as important and beautiful as Amy, the most gorgeous cheerleader in your entire school, even if your hair isn’t the perfect natural shade of honey blonde or because your clothes aren’t from Guess or that your curves look VERY different from hers.

Contrary to the bill of goods you’ve been sold, life is not a competition. Stop comparing yourself to anyone or anything.

We are all on our own journey and YOU are the driver. There will be bumps in the road, detours to be taken and pit stops will have to be made, but you’ve got to fill ‘er up and keep going. You will lose your map, but never your intuition.

Allow every smile, frown and town you drive through to open your mind, but never close your heart.

One day you will appreciate the upgrade of that cruise control but never take your eye off that winding road you have paved by being courageously you!

– Chrissy

http://people.com/celebrity/chrissy-metz-worlds-most-beautiful-essay/

Hardly "powerful" in my book... More a rationalization... To be sure, we come in many shapes, sizes and configurations and not all of us are 'beautiful' in the traditonal sense off the word. We all absolutely need to value ourselves, our uniqueness and our individuality, But to me, self acceptance doesn't mean we cease trying to improve ourselves... or that we don't try to do what we know to be best for ourselves over the long haul... "Curves" are one thing, what she has are not "curves"...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

I thought it was odd no one involved  mentioned an after season movie.  The actors  talked about future seasons. Usually a movie  occurs to tie up ends when a series ends prematurely. 

Yes, it came out of nowhere.  I could not find anything online about it.