Honored Contributor

This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

Hi everyone! This is a thread for spoilers and speculations about the final season. We post what we find out about the upcoming season and what we think will or might happen.

If you read this thread you might find out things you wish you hadn't. And they might not be in spoiler format. So please be careful. There is another great thread where you can just discuss the show and nothing about what will or might happen.

Season 6 premieres Tuesday, January 4 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Season 6, Episode 1 - "The Challenger" 

The Big Three celebrate their 41st birthday.

I don't know where to begin. I have a lot of notes. LOL!

Series creator Dan Fogelman says we will cry at every episode. He also says there will be at least one new character introduced. The show will go into the past, present, and future story lines. 

Auden Thornton (Lucy Damon - Kate and Toby's daughter-in-law and Jack's wife, mother of Hope and sister-in-law of Hailey)  is listed in the credits for Episode 1.

Season 6 is about Rebecca, and how she has, is, and will influence her family.

When we last saw the family at the cabin at her bedside, here is what we know so far:

Uncle Nicky is by her bedside wearing a wedding ring. Miguel is not there.

* There is at least one road trip in this season. It's been hinted Nicky tries to find Sally, and Kevin tries to find some women he once loved.

Randall calls Toby, who we see lying on a bed without his wedding ring. He tells Toby, "She would want you to be here."

* At the end of Season 5 we fast forward 5 years to see Kate remarrying Phillip, the music teacher she works with and at first doesn't get along with. We will see in detail what led to the breakup of Kate and Toby's marriage, Philip has nothing to do with it,  according to Chrissy Metz (Kate). We will also see how Philip softens the longer he knows Kate. (Well - duh! They ARE getting married!)

Adult Deja, who is a medical intern and who is expecting, and Randall wave to someone who pulls up in a white car.

*We will find out during this season that Malik is in college (I think in New England). So at this point in time he would be done.I think that's who Randall and Deja are waiting for. 

Mandy Moore says this is "Rebecca's farewell tour."

Jon Huertas says Miguel will get his own episode, and we will finally learn how he and Rebecca got together after Tess' birth.

The Big Three will each have their own episodes too: Kevin- Episode 8, Kate - Episode 9, and Randall- Episode 10. 

We will get a lot of answers to some of Jack's story lines that were really never wrapped up- Vietnam, his alcoholism, etc. One episode will reveal how he deals with the death of his mother. 

We will see Beth get very involved in dance and how it can lead to girls having a positive body image, no matter what they look like. She teaches them to accept who they are. 

Randall is still looking for his place in the world and where he is fitting in. We know he is featured in a magazine. Most are guessing we'll be seeing him run for higher office. Sterling K. Brown and the producers aren't giving any hints.

Dan Fogelman is hinting Kevin will revisit past loves, but it might come down to Madison or Sophie. He gets jealous about something with Madison. Another man? Could he realize he does love her? At Kate's future wedding they seemed to be on great terms, but we didn't see their ring fingers- on purpose of course! Dan also said he might just end up happy in his situation- whatever that means!

Kevin retreats to the cabin for a while. In the future we see Kevin's new home up the hill from the original cabin is and where they are taking care of Rebecca. We see Jack's original drawing framed on the wall. Then we see a flyer that says, "Big Three Homes: A Pearson Family Construction Company."

Could it be Kevin, Randall, and Miguel head this? We saw Randall renovate the apartment building William lived in. Miguel and Jack worked together as architects. Kevin obviously knows something about this because he's Jack's son.

Could it be a new direction for Randall? What do you think?

Enjoy!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom   No doubt this will be a very hard final season-I don't know if they will show any death scene-especially with Rebecca.

It is one series that has stayed true to form.

A perfect balance of happiness and sadness.

The only part I'm not sure about is Kate and Philip.  It doesn't seem to "fit" but as long as Kate is happy, that is all I want to see for her.

I think Kevin will finally realize that being a dad is the most important role for him-whether he goes back with Sophie or Madison will not matter.  I think leaving out any relationship issues will be good, but then again, I am not a writer for this show.  LOL

Beth has always been level-headed and it does not surprise me that she mentors girls through dance. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

@Cakers3 wrote:

@beach-mom   No doubt this will be a very hard final season-I don't know if they will show any death scene-especially with Rebecca.

It is one series that has stayed true to form.

A perfect balance of happiness and sadness.

The only part I'm not sure about is Kate and Philip.  It doesn't seem to "fit" but as long as Kate is happy, that is all I want to see for her.

@Cakers3 - I was a Toby fan from the beginning, so this will be hard for me too! From what I've read this situation is going to be thoroughly explained, so we'll see!

I hope we don't see Rebecca actually die, but I think we will "be there" at the end. What I'm not sure about is whether or not it will actually be the last episode. According to Dan we will revisit the far future and Rebecca's influence on it!

You are so right about the perfect balance!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I am so far behind in this show - but I have it recorded.  I just watched the episode where Miguel and Jack's brother were trying to plan the wedding rehearsal for Kevin & his fiance.

I was all in on this show when it started, but somewhere along the line I kind of lost interest.  But I will have to catch up and watch it until the end.

I find that Kevin is the only character I am really interested in, LOL.  I think Randall's character is totally boring.  Love his wife though.  And I like Toby because he is funny.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

FYI, Milo V is on Tonight show tonite. 

Honored Contributor

I thought some scenes from last night (1/4/22) looked familiar.

I watched the very first episode from Season 1 after and many of the scenes last night were from the pilot episode.

I almost cried when the blind students sang to Kate for her birthday.  Philip really looked at Kate in a different way. 

Rebecca struggling to find the word "caboose".  This is going to be a tough journey to watch.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 - I think they started the show with scenes from the first season. You're right- this will be a hard season to watch. We know it will be mostly about Kate. We're in for an up and down roller coaster ride!  Smiley Happy

ETA: I forgot to comment on your noticing the way Philip looked at Kate. That was a beautiful scene with some talented kids. Philip was infuriating when he broke up with his girlfriend. "I'm bored" REALLY! And he made a point of telling Kate the birthday gift was the kids' idea. But then. . .you're right- that look!

Of course we see Toby come home and surprise her! At this point they seem fine, but we know that's about to change!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

The scene with the kids singing to Kate brought me to tears. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so happy that William will appear again since he's my favorite character.   

His passing in the 'Memphis' episode is the one scene of the whole series that made me sob the most.

Thankfully though, it's been comforting to see Ron Cephas Jones in any episode since.

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I am so far behind in this show - but I have it recorded.  I just watched the episode where Miguel and Jack's brother were trying to plan the wedding rehearsal for Kevin & his fiance.

I was all in on this show when it started, but somewhere along the line I kind of lost interest.  But I will have to catch up and watch it until the end.

I find that Kevin is the only character I am really interested in, LOL.  I think Randall's character is totally boring.  Love his wife though.  And I like Toby because he is funny.

@Puppy Lips 

I'm the same I lost interest half-way through Season 3.  And then with Covid, I was distracted.  It started getting slow for me.  I want to catch up and the library has Seasons 3 & 5.  Season 4 has not been released yet on DVD.   It comes out Jan. 18.  How weird is that?   I won't catch up in time for this finale, but I will watch.  

Does Kate have one or two children?   

Thought the Challenger accident was interesting with the kids reaction last night.   

Is the Philip guy in Kate's life, was he the British guy on last night that looked fondly at her when the kids were singing?    

If people end up dying, I'm not going to like it.