Respected Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

@beach-mom wrote:

Wow again.

DD said it was depressing and uplifting at the same time. I agree. 

How great they - in true This is Us fashion - introduced us to characters that seemed to be pulling us one way (the father of Deja's baby) and somehow led us in another direction that would have a major impact on this family without their knowing it.

So good to see everyone again. And how happy am I about Deja and her one true love!  

At times watching this show (and I started only about the 3rd season but have caught up on HULU) I have felt like a mouse being played with by a cat. Smiley Happy By the end of the show I usually get it though. I enjoy the writing. I experienced that when watching the family that had the car accident .

Regular Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

As the show progressed, my tears turned to ugly sobs. Beautiful ending.

Honored Contributor

I found last night to be a bit confusing, I am going to watch it again online. 

Respected Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

As the show progressed, my tears turned to ugly sobs. Beautiful ending.

@ladyfox412 Same here.  Lots of tissues and ugly sobs.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  That was an episode!!   I just watched this morning, before it was birdie breakfast time.    I'm the one who usually does NOT cry during these episodes.  

I found myself crying all the same.  I had already cried a few times this morning so I was really weary of crying and had to do the old 'press tongue against roof of mouth hard to try to preclude crying' bit several times!  

I thought the whole train bit was brilliant, beautiful, and so cool.  The only oddity for me was that Miguel was pretty much shoved aside with nothing.  That just struck me for whatever reason.

I forgot the name of the character who was originally Randall's father, but I liked how he was her guide on the train.  They had something together that was very important.

I kept saying 'where's Jack?' and realized at some point that he would be last.  BTW, it ran over so good thing I also had New Amsterdam recorded, right after, because there was over a minute more.

You know who seems to get to my heart?  It's Deja.   She touches me for some reason and I always like seeing her.

As brilliantly as they do the time warps, sometimes I find myself a bit lost but I'm pretty sure that's on me.  I've always appreciated how good they are at the quick movements from one time period to another.   

Beautiful episode!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I am officially confused (watched twice). Not understanding who is the father of Deja's baby. Is it Malick or Marcus? I guess Marcus had found a new drug to treat Alzheimer's? The doctor tended to Marcus instead of Jack, so Jack ended up dying. What did I miss? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Malik is the babys father. he now owns a restaurant and Deja is grad from med school.  Marcus is no relation to any of the Pearsons. 

Respected Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

I am officially confused (watched twice). Not understanding who is the father of Deja's baby. Is it Malick or Marcus? I guess Marcus had found a new drug to treat Alzheimer's? The doctor tended to Marcus instead of Jack, so Jack ended up dying. What did I miss? 

@joannecha My take on this episode was that both patients were attended to as they should have been, but that it was just the medical 'roll of the dice' the Dr. was talking about. Jack seemed on his way to recovery or had come thru and Marcus may not make it. Then hapenstance took over.

As @Shelbelle  said , I concluded that Malik and Deja were still together and having a baby.

Honored Contributor

I was confused about Marcus as well.  The show was brilliantly done as always.  I am going to miss that show.

Honored Contributor

I had to watch it twice, I found it very confusing.