Trusted Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Black Cat Back wrote:

I was very moved by the Miguel episode.  It was a lovely written story.  It helped understand how and why they got together.

After each episode, I just cry.  So much of what these characters are going through I have or am now.  

So many of their stories touch so many lives in different ways.  The only storyline I didn't like was Kevin's.  It was too predictable that he'd end with Sophie.   It was too Hallmark Channel for me.  Life doesn't always give you back what you've lost.

@Black Cat Back   Your post is perfection.

I have always felt that the success of this show, excellent acting aside, is how the writers manage to touch all of us in one way or in many ways on a personal level.

The Pearsons really do represent real life to many of us.  *sob*

I agree about Kevin and Sophie.  It was tied up too neatly in a sweet little package.

I always liked Miguel-and that one scene where Rebecca wakes up and there is Miguel sitting in the chair watching for her-it summed up his devotion more than anything else, imo.

@Cakers3 

I agree with you too.   Rebecca awoke scared that Miguel wasn't there and then she sees him.   I'm someone who took care of both my elderly parents.   I know how much my Mom depended on my Dad.  That scene brought back memories of their later years. 

I think Mandy Moore is doing a terrific job capturing the feeling of someone with dementia.   I hate to see this show end.  Nothing better on TV these days.

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

@Black Cat Back   {{hugs}}

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Could mean nothing, could mean something 

Mandy Moore talked about the last day of filming. 

She said it felt right. She and Milo were in the first scene and the very last scene.

It could be a flashback, or through-the-years type of scene, but it could be another scene right after Rebecca dies.

I know whatever the writers did is going to be amazing! I'm dreading watching what's coming and I'm excited at the same time!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have had my ups and downs with this show but I have come to realize as the end of this show is coming quickly, it's so much how life and families really are.  You love your family so much --- you have times when you feel so closely connected and things are so good, and then you have times when you just feel like ---- who are these people --- and you just feel lost and not joined together at all.  But ultimately --- no matter what happens --- you are there for each other when it really matters!  I truly love this show and the actors are just excellent - each and every one -- and I can't imagine a better cast.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I liked the story about Migel, I cried a the end,he was so good to her,this was one of the best airings.

@Black Cat Back wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Black Cat Back wrote:

I was very moved by the Miguel episode.  It was a lovely written story.  It helped understand how and why they got together.

After each episode, I just cry.  So much of what these characters are going through I have or am now.  

So many of their stories touch so many lives in different ways.  The only storyline I didn't like was Kevin's.  It was too predictable that he'd end with Sophie.   It was too Hallmark Channel for me.  Life doesn't always give you back what you've lost.

@Black Cat Back   Your post is perfection.

I have always felt that the success of this show, excellent acting aside, is how the writers manage to touch all of us in one way or in many ways on a personal level.

The Pearsons really do represent real life to many of us.  *sob*

I agree about Kevin and Sophie.  It was tied up too neatly in a sweet little package.

I always liked Miguel-and that one scene where Rebecca wakes up and there is Miguel sitting in the chair watching for her-it summed up his devotion more than anything else, imo.

@Cakers3 

I agree with you too.   Rebecca awoke scared that Miguel wasn't there and then she sees him.   I'm someone who took care of both my elderly parents.   I know how much my Mom depended on my Dad.  That scene brought back memories of their later years. 

I think Mandy Moore is doing a terrific job capturing the feeling of someone with dementia.   I hate to see this show end.  Nothing better on TV these days.

Honored Contributor

Season 6, Episode 16 - "Family Meeting"

The Big Three make a plan for Rebecca.

After Miguel's death-  after Kate and Philip's wedding - Randall decides they need to have a family meeting to see how to best care for Rebecca.

Of course Kate, Kevin and Randall each think she/he knows best how to care for Rebecca, but remember Rebecca chose Kate if Miguel couldn't make the decisions for her. Randall wants her to move in with him and Beth, which is not what Kevin and Kate want. In fact Kevin says that's the opposite of what Rebecca wants. 

Kate doubts her ability and calls Toby for advice. He gives her a pep talk and she feels better about making the decisions. 

We will see a younger Rebecca in the past, and maybe Jack and Miguel too, according to Jon Huertas.

EP's Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger wrote tonight's episode. Creator Dan Fogelman wrote the last two episodes. From hints he's given, the very last episode will be the children in the future. We will see Kevin's children as adults. Most think Episode #17 next week will be when we will say goodbye to Rebecca.     

The Big Three are 45 when Kate and Philip are married. Kevin and Madison's twins are 5. Jack is about 6 or 7, and Hailey is 5. Randall and Beth's girls are grown. Rebecca is 75. One of the EP's said Miguel died at 80. Since Kevin's twins are about 10-11 at the house, Rebecca probably dies at 80. Miguel died sometime before. We are 5 years out from the wedding.

I always say enjoy. As I said above, I'm both excited and dreading it. At least we'll all be in this together!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well tonight it was Goodnight Moon that did me in! I read that book to my children starting when they were 3 months old. I read it every afternoon until they would point to objects, say a few words, and eventually read it to me. The original hardcover book is still upstairs, and both DD and I have given it as baby shower gifts. 

So that was the start, and of course I was sobbing throughout the last few minutes and remembering when my own children were babies.

I love how they juxtaposed scenes of young Rebecca and older Rebecca with her children. It was a great episode, as I expected. 

I did expect Rebecca to stay at Kevin's house, but I thought they would somehow highlight Sophie's career as a nurse.

The Chinese food was cute though, and it was cute Madison and Elijah were there.

It was good to see Nicky and Edie too. 

And we finally know the exact location of the cabin, and Kevin's house- the Poconos.

On to "The Train." 

ETA: We also know Toby and Laura are married at this particular time,  and we see them happy in the far future. I don't know why we see him depressed on a bed by himself with no wedding ring when Randall calls him. I still think he's not far, as he says he'll be "down." I guess we'll find out next week.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I wonder how they'll use 'the train' as an analogy...?

When our mom was at the end, she began to fret "The train is coming at 7! The train is coming at 7! The one time I left travel plans up to somebody else, and now no one is ready to go!'

She died shortly thereafter, probably right around 7 p.m.

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

I noticed on last night's episode that Kevin was wearing a wedding ring.  It seemed like in the previous episode, he & Sophie reconnected, but I don't recall them actually getting remarried.  Did it just happen off screen or did I miss something?

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I noticed on last night's episode that Kevin was wearing a wedding ring.  It seemed like in the previous episode, he & Sophie reconnected, but I don't recall them actually getting remarried.  Did it just happen off screen or did I miss something?

They never showed it and probably wont, just to be assumed.