Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

@Cakers3 wrote:

Right-Madison and Elijah's baby was not named as a boy or as a girl.

As Rose Nylund would say-it has to be one or the other.

Not in todays world!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

@Shelbelle - LOL! I'm sure we'll see the baby again in upcoming episodes. Madison and Elijah are part of the extended Pearson family!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Season 6, Episode 15 - "Miguel"

Miguel over the years.

Well, we were promised seasons ago we would get Miguel's story, and they're finally delivering it. It will be Miguel's life, all in one episode, tied up in a neat little bow. We are told we will find out where Miguel is when the family gathers at Kevin's house. And we are told we will learn about his and Rebecca's love story. 

So we will see Miguel growing up in Puerto Rico, as just a kid playing baseball. Then he and his family move to Pennsylvania. He eventually meets and marries Shelly - Wynn Everitt returns in the role. 

Then he and Jack meet, as we saw in Season 1. Jack needs a jacket for a country club dinner with Rebecca's parents. He can't afford one. Miguel, who is the salesman who shows him the jacket, tells him to tuck the tags up to wear it for one night then return it. A special friendship is born!

We also remember when Jack introduced his best friend to Rebecca. Things didn't go too well at first, but Shelly and Miguel were the attendants when Rebecca and Jack married. The couples stayed best friends- until Shelly and Miguel divorced. 

And Miguel was there to be Rebecca's rock after Jack died. When he realized Rebecca was happy with Matt he took a job in Houston, too late to act on his romantic feelings for Rebecca. At the same time she realized how she felt about him, and she was crushed when he left.

There would be no contact until Rebecca joined Facebook after Tess was born. She is 58. 

We will find out what happened after that. When they do reconnect it is a romantic relationship.

We also know Miguel's children, Andy and Amber, are not happy he is with

Rebecca. 

OK - about Miguel's children. Since they are just a tad older than The Big Three, you would think the two families did a lot together when the kids were young. Maybe they did and we just didn't see it. LOL!

Anyway, we assume Miguel doesn't get to see his children that much.

So now we are near the end of Rebecca's life.

The three most common theories why Miguel isn't there, and some of you have mentioned them already:

Miguel is gone. (This is what I think, although the fact that Milo brought it up makes me skeptical. I don't think he would have said it outright if that was the case.)

Rebecca in her last stages of Alzheimer's thinks Nicky is Jack, and they don't want anything other than that to upset her.

Miguel would be in his 80's and he is being cared for somewhere else.

I have read we will cry - well, that's a given! In an interview someone (I can't remember who and I can't find it) said Miguel sacrifices his own health to care for Rebecca. 

I've been a fan of Miguel from the beginning, even when others weren't. 

So what do you think will happen tonight? Why do you think Miguel is not there?

Enjoy!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

*sob*

I have always liked Miguel.  I am hoping he was just not in the room to take a break and give Nicky some time with Rebecca.

I didn't like the shaking at Kate and Philip's wedding.  That symptom hits close to home so it is a concern for me.

He has given his all to Rebecca and I hope he will receive the same back in kind if he needs it-I forget just how old Rebecca and Miguel are, too.

Those flashbacks with Rebecca so young and happy-it hurts to see the lovely young mom and Jack and now this for her final journey.

I could cry just typing.

This series has touched a lot of people; it is going to be very hard to say good-bye to the Pearsons and all the extended family.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I know @Cakers3 - tonight's going to be rough.

I hope you are right- that he is not in the room because Nicky is his relief, but I just remember the conversation with Beth and Randall I talked about earlier. Randall was EXPECTING to see Nicky, not Miguel.

No meetings tonight, so I should be able to watch in real time without having to DVR, even though of course I will!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   I usually catch in on HULU the next day to avoid commercials.  We haven't taped anything in years.  I wouldn't even remember how!!!  LOL

But tonight I will watch in real time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

So very sad.
Valued Contributor

Oh. My. 😢

Honored Contributor

What an incredible episode! I was crying so much I had to rewind the last part and watch it again. Little Miguel was adorable. I think it was the perfect ending, especially with the apple tree we saw them plant earlier and the baseball field.

@Cakers3 - Are you doing OK?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Little Miguel was played by Yael Ocasio, born in Puerto Rico and moved with his family to Miami when he was 4. He is 11. He has done some other projects.  

Jon Huertas said they originally planned to show Rebecca and Miguel getting married. They had the outfits and had planned to film in Puerto Rico. Then the pandemic hit and everything had to be rearranged. They didn't have time to put it into this last episode.

He also said he has known Miguel's whole story since Season 3.