Trusted Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

This episode really hit home for me in seeing how Rebecca was deteriorating and how Miguel is struggling. His shaking hands could be a sign that he has Parkinsons. (hoping that is not where they are headed with his character).

I recognized the actress who plays the wedding singer from Scandal (Quinn) I had a hard time looking at her and not thinking about her as a murderer. 

LOVE the cast video. Fun to see all of them dancing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 6 - SPOILERS!!! Don’t read this if you don’t want to know!!!

Although there's much discussion re: Rebecca's passing, it's good to remember that she was blessed to live a long and full life. Of course there will be sadness in the final episode, but we will also be uplifted when it comes to the present and future generations. Looking forward to all the feels.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Is it possible that Kevin never marries and the ring he is wearing belongs to Jack?

@Cakers3   You read my mind.  I'm wondering if as Rebeccca gets worse, she asks Kevin (thinking he is Jack) where his wedding ring is.  Kevin wears Jack's ring so Rebecca remains at peace.  I would rather this than see him end up with Sophie or Cassidy.....I was a Madison or no one fan.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Is it possible that Kevin never marries and the ring he is wearing belongs to Jack?

@Cakers3   You read my mind.  I'm wondering if as Rebeccca gets worse, she asks Kevin (thinking he is Jack) where his wedding ring is.  Kevin wears Jack's ring so Rebecca remains at peace.  I would rather this than see him end up with Sophie or Cassidy.....I was a Madison or no one fan.

@Travone   I agree.  I thought this before because we were never really given a clue about Kevin's future relationship/marriage.

We are told some will like his ending, some will not.  Yet not so much that he eventually ends up with somebody.

I think Kevin ending up as just the good Dad as he wanted to be as Jack was and also his nieces/nephews adore him.  I think that is enough for him plus his construction project with the vets.

I feel more for Cassidy myself but her husband didn't want the divorce.  I thought when Nicky gave her the name of the therapist that maybe it would work out for her and her husband, but I gues not.

I do think more and more that Kevin never marries; that he realizes all this relationship hopping is not what brings him peace and he finds his place by himself is just fine.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy - Thank you for posting that video! How cute! I'm sure it helped relieve the tension of filming some of the scenes.

Interesting theory about Kevin's ring @Cakers3 and @Travone! You may have outsmarted the writers! The more Justin Hartley talks about it, the more I can see what you are saying. BUT- I hope you're wrong! I want Kevin to find the love he wants so desperately. He first found it when he was about 11. Has he ever let go of that? Sophie doesn't have any children, so she could be a great stepmother! But I'm liking Cassidy for him more and more. That may be because she "fits in" with the family because of her work on The Big Three Construction Company.

@Cakers3 - I still think Nicky is with Rebecca because Miguel can't physically be there (posts #138 and 143).  

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy @Thanks so much for posting that video...really enjoyed it.

I am going to miss this show and combination of actors...

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@feline groovy - Thank you for posting that video! How cute! I'm sure it helped relieve the tension of filming some of the scenes.

Interesting theory about Kevin's ring @Cakers3 and @Travone! You may have outsmarted the writers! The more Justin Hartley talks about it, the more I can see what you are saying. BUT- I hope you're wrong! I want Kevin to find the love he wants so desperately. He first found it when he was about 11. Has he ever let go of that? Sophie doesn't have any children, so she could be a great stepmother! But I'm liking Cassidy for him more and more. That may be because she "fits in" with the family because of her work on The Big Three Construction Company.

@Cakers3 - I still think Nicky is with Rebecca because Miguel can't physically be there (posts #138 and 143).  

@beach-mom   I think Kevin would be quite content without being married.  His relationships were always all over the place so the mature Kevin may just have grown up enough to focus on his children and his construction project.

I really hope Miguel is just not in the scene to give Nicky some time.

We knew William was dying and we know Rebecca is in the end stages, although we may not see a death scene with her.

Miguel-I'd be blind-sided to see an episode with his death.  I hope not.

He is so important to this storyline.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

So it looks like the wedding singer, Arielle, is a friend of Philip's. That may explain why she is there for the weekend and not there just to sing at the reception and leave.

The next episode will focus on the night before Kate and Philip's wedding, and Kevin's choices of course.

Milo and Dan are talking about the end of the series. Dan says the SECOND to the last episode made both Mandy and Chrissy physically sick. Mandy says they will all be there to film the last episode, but she hopes she is not in it. In an interview Milo said that not every character will get a happy ending, and some viewers might not be completely pleased with how the storylines wrap up for certain cast members. However, he also said that the very end of the series will take viewers to “a simple kind of day” that allows them to say goodbye to the characters they’ve grown to love over the past six seasons. 

Here we go!

Honored Contributor

The lyrics from Rebecca's song "The Forever Now." Apparently the melody was from Kate's childhood, but Rebecca changed the lyrics. Dan said this is the This is Us theme song.

They say time will tell 

But I think he likes to keep secret 

So we'll wait and see

But it's just as well the years can be counted in seconds 

They say time will tell 

That's fine with me

Cause I get this moment with you forever now 

It all hits me at once forever now 

If there's a right way to say it, I'm still learning how 

Maybe all that we have is forever now 

I've been looking for words

For feelings that shouldn't get spoken 

It's something that's true 

I'm starting to learn that silences shouldn't be broken 

Just listened to

I get this moment with you forever now 

It all hits me at once forever now 

Honored Contributor

One more thing- Those aren't Rebecca's clothes in Kevin's room. I don't think she would be wearing the terracotta contoured bra and blue silk wrap  Beth and Madison saw.

It could still be nothing. Cassidy said she left her wrap in there. But the note. . !  Smiley Wink