Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@Jordan2 wrote:

Forgive me because I'm not tech savvy and would post a link to the article in today's Newsday (New York newspaper), maybe someone will come along and be kind enough to post it. It's entitled Did "This Is Us" really reveal how Jack Died? by Verne Gay. He asks some questions in the article, and ponders some of the clues.

@Jordan2, I will.  I owe you that.  My problem isn't that I don't read all the posts -- I do read all the posts LOL.  I must have skipped yours and what else did I skip?  Anyway, here< i have to get dressed but looking forward to reading it later on your recommendation:

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/this-is-us-season-2-premiere-appears-to-reveal-how-jack-pea...

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@LoriLori wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Forgive me because I'm not tech savvy and would post a link to the article in today's Newsday (New York newspaper), maybe someone will come along and be kind enough to post it. It's entitled Did "This Is Us" really reveal how Jack Died? by Verne Gay. He asks some questions in the article, and ponders some of the clues.

@Jordan2, I will.  I owe you that.  My problem isn't that I don't read all the posts -- I do read all the posts LOL.  I must have skipped yours and what else did I skip?  Anyway, here< i have to get dressed but looking forward to reading it later on your recommendation:

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/this-is-us-season-2-premiere-appears-to-reveal-how-jack-pea...

Thank you @LoriLori, for doing what I can't! I hope you enjoy the article.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom  Another devotee, here, actually two.  DH took an interest last season, so it is fun to discuss with him.

I have to ask, how do you know these inside things?  For instance, the Mandy Moore scene.  I watched the aftershow interview and didn't hear them mention that.......or did they?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@muttmom

I am beginning to agree with you ... it is time (IMO) to tone down the out-of-sync plots. I am really getting tired of clues thrown in "before and after" times. For instance, why just throw it in? I'm getting a little steamed about these "clues" which may or may not be linked significantly to the main time-line.

This must have been started in "How to Get Away With Murder."

It was great fun (for me) then. Now it is happening in so many shows.... 🙄

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Wow, that was one heck of an opening episode!...I actually watched it again tonight before coming here to read everyone's thoughts and perspectives....I had to rewatch the ending over and over a few times....It was amazing even though it left us with a lot of "speculation"!....It keeps us thinking and that's what I love about it so much!

I didn't see anyone mention something very interesting in the scene where Rebecca goes to Miguel's house to bring Jack home so that they could work everything out together....Did you notice that, after Jack initially closed the door on Rebecca, the screen went black for a few seconds...and then we were brought back to the same scene, except it was done differently... with Rebecca telling Jack to "get in the car" and he leaves with her....I think the writers are playing with us again, as usual, and left us with two options of what could have happened?....Jack either stayed at Miguel's house or he did go home with Rebecca?...So, it is possible that they were still separated at the time of his death...Am I making any sense here?...I just found the  screen going black to be an interesting way of breaking up that particular scene...perhaps?

As far as the house that was totally destroyed by fire, it had to be Jack & Rebecca's as it showed the red mailbox with their name on it....although I don't recall their house being that large?...The children, except for Kevin, were at Miguel's house and I think the girl with the red hair may have been one of Miguel's daughters?....Also, Rebecca wearing the Steelers' jersey made me think that perhaps she was somewhere watching a football game when the tragedy occurred and was called and had to rush to the hospital to be with Jack...That would explain his personal belongings in the plastic bag and Rebecca driving by the house and breaking down at the sight?...I don't think that she was there when it happened?

I'm not really convinced that Jack's death was caused by the fire, although the writers certainly did a good job of leaning us towards that direction?

Oh, one more thing....the "fake smoking" by Randall & Beth....This is the first time I have seen it, as I don't recall it during the first season....What is the meaning there?

Okay, I think that is it for now!...I'm so confused and Iove it!...lol

Absolutely brilliant in the way this show is done! 

@MyShadowLove  The black screen thing was interesting.......perhaps there was a lapse in time.....like maybe even weeks???

I thought the same thing about the house she pulled up to.  I don't remember it being that big either.  Did they build a new home?  The red mailbox had their name on it, but could it be Jack's parent's house........are they still alive?

I don't think that Jack died in a house fire.  Actually, I would be disappointed if this is what happened because it would be too "simple" of a clue.

I don't remember the fake smoking from last season.  I would guess the only relevance it has is that they have a this type of close relationship - they get each other - you know what I mean?  I thought it was clever in a way.

I must say that people that don't enjoy a show that doesn't follow a start to finish timeline,  really shouldn't watch this show.  It is never going to be enjoyable to them.  Nor the ones that don't like to speculate and look for clues.  I think it is a great departure from all the other kr@p that is on the tube.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom

I am not sure about this , you see Rebecca going back to the house with a bag Jack belongings next to her in the car

@beach-mom wrote:

HUGE CLUE:

Dan said to pay attention to the three clues. Remember in a previous post I wondered why Kevin's being in a cast was a clue.

Kevin was NOT in a cast at Jack's funeral. So just maybe Jack had died earlier and the house burning down was what they were all talking about and crying about. It may have been too much for Rebecca to lose her husband and then watch her house burn down. 

It's just an idea floating around. It may or may not be close to what happened. But the cast/no cast thing has to make us wonder! Smiley Wink

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

The fake smoking scene struck me as strange - I have to think there was a specific reason for it to be included.

@AuntG  Maybe the house fire was caused by a cigarette??  Just putting out ideas with the rest of you Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@beach-mom  Another devotee, here, actually two.  DH took an interest last season, so it is fun to discuss with him.

I have to ask, how do you know these inside things?  For instance, the Mandy Moore scene.  I watched the aftershow interview and didn't hear them mention that.......or did they?

@tends2dogs - You're so lucky your DH can talk about it with you!

I find out my information on various sites. There are a lot out there if you look. I find out a lot from the sites people like me  - who enjoy this "sleuthing" - frequent! I almost always try to quote by name the people associated with the show directly, but I also do post theories I come up with that may or may not be a piece of the puzzle.

The Mandy quote was from an interview she and Milo did with an online site. They are direct quotes of what they said.  

When we finally know the entire story of what happened, these things will fit together. Right now we're just getting bits and pieces, and I think those are out of chronological order! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm surprised to read here that there are so many people here (and elsewhere) that feel manipulated/mislead by the show. 

It is entertainment. If they want to twist and turn the plot, give me half stories, steer me down a dead end road, I'm all in for it. It keeps it interesting.

I spend a little bit of time trying to guess what will happen, but in the bigger picture, I want to watch something like this and just 'feel' it in the moment. This show is great at giving me that. 

And I love the William character and story line. For me, it peels away the layers of someone that on the outside, we see as something easily defined (a drug addict), when in fact, he is so much more than his addiction. 

And they way they tell these stories means even if a character dies, it doesn't mean we will never see them again.

@Caligurll

That is truly the best thing about this show, no one ever has to be 'gone' for good.

They keep revisiting the past and even those we know are no longer with us, will be seen in the past and their character/story line will be developed and expanded upon.

This is one of the best things about this show. Not only looking at the past of the living characters to bring more depth to them, but seeing the past of those gone, and what influence they had on all the surviving lives. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Wow, that was one heck of an opening episode!...I actually watched it again tonight before coming here to read everyone's thoughts and perspectives....I had to rewatch the ending over and over a few times....It was amazing even though it left us with a lot of "speculation"!....It keeps us thinking and that's what I love about it so much!

I didn't see anyone mention something very interesting in the scene where Rebecca goes to Miguel's house to bring Jack home so that they could work everything out together....Did you notice that, after Jack initially closed the door on Rebecca, the screen went black for a few seconds...and then we were brought back to the same scene, except it was done differently... with Rebecca telling Jack to "get in the car" and he leaves with her....I think the writers are playing with us again, as usual, and left us with two options of what could have happened?....Jack either stayed at Miguel's house or he did go home with Rebecca?...So, it is possible that they were still separated at the time of his death...Am I making any sense here?...I just found the  screen going black to be an interesting way of breaking up that particular scene...perhaps?

As far as the house that was totally destroyed by fire, it had to be Jack & Rebecca's as it showed the red mailbox with their name on it....although I don't recall their house being that large?...The children, except for Kevin, were at Miguel's house and I think the girl with the red hair may have been one of Miguel's daughters?....Also, Rebecca wearing the Steelers' jersey made me think that perhaps she was somewhere watching a football game when the tragedy occurred and was called and had to rush to the hospital to be with Jack...That would explain his personal belongings in the plastic bag and Rebecca driving by the house and breaking down at the sight?...I don't think that she was there when it happened?

I'm not really convinced that Jack's death was caused by the fire, although the writers certainly did a good job of leaning us towards that direction?

Oh, one more thing....the "fake smoking" by Randall & Beth....This is the first time I have seen it, as I don't recall it during the first season....What is the meaning there?

Okay, I think that is it for now!...I'm so confused and Iove it!...lol

Absolutely brilliant in the way this show is done! 

@MyShadowLove  The black screen thing was interesting.......perhaps there was a lapse in time.....like maybe even weeks???

I thought the same thing about the house she pulled up to.  I don't remember it being that big either.  Did they build a new home?  The red mailbox had their name on it, but could it be Jack's parent's house........are they still alive?

I don't think that Jack died in a house fire.  Actually, I would be disappointed if this is what happened because it would be too "simple" of a clue.

I don't remember the fake smoking from last season.  I would guess the only relevance it has is that they have a this type of close relationship - they get each other - you know what I mean?  I thought it was clever in a way.

I must say that people that don't enjoy a show that doesn't follow a start to finish timeline,  really shouldn't watch this show.  It is never going to be enjoyable to them.  Nor the ones that don't like to speculate and look for clues.  I think it is a great departure from all the other kr@p that is on the tube.

I may be way off base here, but the black screen thing has me now wondering too. 

On the time I watched it, I thought it was simply a glitch in the network/satellite because it happens to us from time to time.

Now that I understand it was really part of the show. I'm wondering if Jack closed his eyes, and what transpired between the two of them after the black screen was simply in his mind/dreams/wishes. Maybe the door never did reopen at that time and she never said those things, but he just wanted her to.