Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@Reever wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@beach-momand others,

I read that the post-Super Bowl episode will not be a standalone episode but it will be written in such a way that they say people new to the show will be able to follow easily.  Sounds like a tough thing, giving us something as well as clueless newbs.

As for no one guessing Jack's death (hi, @stevieb and @Tique), I think every possible way to die has been outlined here and on every forum and social media platform.  So the only remaining possibility is that he is abducted by aliens and his studied remains returned to the family.

@LoriLori As you know, I'm not all that invested in how it happened, but just out of curiosity, have any of the 'wrong' guesses included suicide, accidental or otherwise?

Suicide?  Jack is not the least bit suicidal.  They have hinted at a fire and today's episode showed they forgot to buy the battery for the smoke detector at the mall. I think it's evident how he dies. The only question is : when ?

Note please, I said accidental or otherwise... One doesn't have to suffer suicidal ideation to be the victim of an accidental suicide. Moreover, history is fraught with individuals who didn't appear the least bit suicidal who turned out to be. My suggestion was based on reports here that seemingly everything has been suggested and been deemed wrong. At the end of the day, I'll find out when I find out. I'm not chomping at the bit to know.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@beach-mom wrote:

Executive producer Isaac Aptaker -  when we see the red-haired girl, all the pieces are in place.

We saw her tonight, and it was cute the way Randall asked her out.

We also saw them focus on the smoke alarm that had run out of batteries. We obviously know about the fire, but there is much more, and again we're supposed to see everything that happened. 

Do we trust them?

Get your Kleenex ready next week!  Smiley Wink

What fell into place when we saw the red haired girl?  I didn't see a connection.  

I was glad to see a little bit more of Rebecca and Miguel, but we sure didn't learn anything about how they got together.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack  I'm wondering if the fact that Randall asked the red-haired girl out if there is a black/white connection?  I hope that is not the case and we're not dealing with a hate crime???  Remember she seemed to be a bit reluctant at first.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chlema wrote:

@NickNack  I'm wondering if the fact that Randall asked the red-haired girl out if there is a black/white connection?  I hope that is not the case and we're not dealing with a hate crime???  Remember she seemed to be a bit reluctant at first.

@chlema   She was definitely reluctant at first.  I never thought about a hate crime though.  I certainly hope that's not the case.  If she had anything to do with Jack's death, I would think Randall would be the one dwelling on it all the time instead of Kate feeling responsible.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Red-haired girl will be in more episodes. There could be many reasons why she hesitated. If it were a race issue, we'd probably never see her again. We know nothing about her. She may have a boyfriend, maybe she isn't ready to date, possibly she doesn't want to have a BF she will have to leave for college, maybe she has a thing for Kevin. We don't know her yet. 

Respected Contributor

also has anyone considered the possibility that the fire is a rouse? A red herring?  That maybe Kate acted out in rage and burnt the house down after her father died because it was too painful to live in ?

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

also has anyone considered the possibility that the fire is a rouse? A red herring?  That maybe Kate acted out in rage and burnt the house down after her father died because it was too painful to live in ?

@Reever, that is not possible.  Instead of attending the funeral she'd have been in custody, in juvenile jail or charged as an adult or in a mental hospital.  We saw her at the funeral. 

Besides they push Kate on us so heavily (pun unfortunate) as some great woman that having her burn down the house would be a very poor choice by the showrunners and they don't make poor choices like that.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom, I'm encouraged that you have not yet shot down my theory that after the house burns he is taken by a bear and eaten.  What remains is cremated.  I'm onto something, aren't i?  :;

And if not that perhaps a heavy piece of fire equipment falls on him and squishes him?  I prefer the ET and the bear to that though, that's too real.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack, I agree if it was Randall's "fault" he'd be overcome by guilt and doubt.  

I'm thinking the red-haired girl is just a red-haired herring.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@beach-mom, I'm encouraged that you have not yet shot down my theory that after the house burns he is taken by a bear and eaten.  What remains is cremated.  I'm onto something, aren't i?  :;

And if not that perhaps a heavy piece of fire equipment falls on him and squishes him?  I prefer the ET and the bear to that though, that's too real.

LOL @LoriLori - I just got on and saw your other post! OK - you've got me on that one! Smiley Wink

I'm not even guessing any longer. Justin says we're all going to be "really surprised." Like, really?? At this point I just think millions of fans are "wanting" Jack to die - how ironic is that! 

@NickNack - About the red-headed girl: See my previous post #344. 

I think it might be this coming week. Look at the last sentence of an interview with Isaac Aptaker. Interesting they're sending him out instead of Dan. This is a quote about next week:

"We see Jack and Rebecca’s last Super Bowl with the kids before they all leave home, and their desire to spend it together as a family with relatively disastrous results."