Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@beach-momand others,

I read that the post-Super Bowl episode will not be a standalone episode but it will be written in such a way that they say people new to the show will be able to follow easily.  Sounds like a tough thing, giving us something as well as clueless newbs.

As for no one guessing Jack's death (hi, @stevieb and @Tique), I think every possible way to die has been outlined here and on every forum and social media platform.  So the only remaining possibility is that he is abducted by aliens and his studied remains returned to the family.

@LoriLori As you know, I'm not all that invested in how it happened, but just out of curiosity, have any of the 'wrong' guesses included suicide, accidental or otherwise?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@stevieb wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@beach-momand others,

I read that the post-Super Bowl episode will not be a standalone episode but it will be written in such a way that they say people new to the show will be able to follow easily.  Sounds like a tough thing, giving us something as well as clueless newbs.

As for no one guessing Jack's death (hi, @stevieb and @Tique), I think every possible way to die has been outlined here and on every forum and social media platform.  So the only remaining possibility is that he is abducted by aliens and his studied remains returned to the family.

@LoriLori As you know, I'm not all that invested in how it happened, but just out of curiosity, have any of the 'wrong' guesses included suicide, accidental or otherwise?

Suicide?  Jack is not the least bit suicidal.  They have hinted at a fire and today's episode showed they forgot to buy the battery for the smoke detector at the mall. I think it's evident how he dies. The only question is : when ?

Respected Contributor

Spoiler
I guess they forgot to buy batteries for the smoke detector while at the mall.
Honored Contributor

First, loved they started the show with God Bless The Child by Billie Holiday, and that theme was woven through the episode. We finally got to meet the red haired girl. Love how Randall read the poem Willam wrote, hearing it in Willam’ voice with The River Song by Donovan playing under it (I love the music I know others don’t). We see in the past Kevin liked Miguel, now he treats him like an outsider. Never going through this,myself  I imagine it is hard seeing your parent with someone else. Kevin realizes Miguel makes his mother happy, that’s all that matters. It’s sad Jack gave up his dream of owning his own business to provide for his family. I get the feeling he won’t live to see his dream come true before he dies. I almost made it through to the end without tearing up until Kevin said thank you to his dad. We hardly ever tell our parent thank you, it shouldn’t go without saying. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@beach-momand others,

Wrong @LoriLori - I've already read that and Dan has dismissed it! LOL! Smiley Wink

@NickNack - They really did "gloss over" the how did Miguel and Rebecca get together, as you said, didn't they? I was hoping to get more, and I think we will eventually. I thought it was great how Miguel told Kevin he saw Rebecca and Jack as one. Kevin seemed to warm more to him after that. 

If I were Kevin, I'd try somehow to get that necklace back. That woman didn't know what it meant to him, other than what he shouted up to her. He should know someone in his old high school area who could reason with her! 

Good episode tonight - I LOVE "God Bless the Child"! 

But look at next week! I am NOT going to any meeting next Tuesday night! Smiley Wink

Tonight's burning question - Will we see "Clooney" again? For a while I thought Randall might end up with him, but I remember one of his daughters is allergic, so I guess that won't happen. 

Honored Contributor

Executive producer Isaac Aptaker -  when we see the red-haired girl, all the pieces are in place.

We saw her tonight, and it was cute the way Randall asked her out.

We also saw them focus on the smoke alarm that had run out of batteries. We obviously know about the fire, but there is much more, and again we're supposed to see everything that happened. 

Do we trust them?

Get your Kleenex ready next week!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I have been quick to critize this season and I thought last nights show was the best of the season. I've put my comments in a spoiler for those that have not seen it.

Spoiler

I loved how William's drawing lead Randall to what might be a new passion.

Is the same actor still playing Miguel he looked very different in this eposide.

DId Kate find the "child" she is longing for in Madison, I think the last scene was a forshadowing of what to come.

Finally I do not think Kevin will ever accept Miguel in his Mothers life.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@beach-momand others,

Suicide?  Jack is not the least bit suicidal.  They have hinted at a fire and today's episode showed they forgot to buy the battery for the smoke detector at the mall. I think it's evident how he dies. The only question is : when ?

@Reever, it's irrelevant when you say "Jack is not hte least bit suicidal" because there are people who commit suicide do it without prior clues or even prior suicidal thoughts.  It happens all the time.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom, I htink Fogelman is lying when he says no one has guessed it but in case he's not how about this:  The house catches fire but they all get out -- and then Jack is taken by a bear into the woods and torn apart and eaten.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@beach-mom, I htink Fogelman is lying when he says no one has guessed it but in case he's not how about this:  The house catches fire but they all get out -- and then Jack is taken by a bear into the woods and torn apart and eaten.

@LoriLori

I think you are right. (well, maybe not about the bear)  There are only so many scenarios.  There's the fuse box, the fire, the cast on Kevin's leg, the dog, the red hair girl, and now the smoke detector.  The only thing missing (and doesn't seem probable) is Kate getting skinny. In the clips we've seen of her after the fire and at the funeral, she does not look thin.

I just do not get why Jack's death is such a big secret.  We've known from day #1 he is dead.