Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@Jordan2 wrote:

@beach-mom, I didn’t know there was going to be an episode after the Super Bowl. I’m kind of surprised, usually the networks use the Super Bowl as a platform for a new show, or to boost a show that needs it.

@Jordan2 - I always thought it was to spotlight new shows too, but. . .

"NBC has announced that an episode will air immediately after Super Bowl 52, which is scheduled for Sunday, February 4, 2018."

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2wrote:

@beach-mom, I didn’t know there was going to be an episode after the Super Bowl. I’m kind of surprised, usually the networks use the Super Bowl as a platform for a new show, or to boost a show that needs it.

@beach-mom@Jordan2,

I didn't remember it that way and here's a list of every show that ha followed the Super Bowl.  

There's a mix but there's way more existing shows than pilots on the list as you go forward in time. Some season premieres but no newbs.  This is what I did for a career -- they can make so much more money (ten times more?  fifteen?) by running an already-profitable, popular show.

I remember The Simpsons episode, the post-Super Bowl episode of New Girls which starred Prince, the Friends episode which is called "The One After the Super Bowl" and some others.  

I watch very little new scripted tv these days but I still see reruns of all three of those.  They were customized as were others and I think we all expect "This Is Us" will be tailored to follow the Super Bowl.

The list has some surprises, it's interesting, a list of every show that followed every Super Bowl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_lead-out_programs

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I just read that Milo gave an interview to US magazine and said Jack's death will be revealed "very, very, very, very soon." He also said we would see the whole thing, and that no one has come close to guessing it yet (that part amazes me). He said it's going to hurt a lot.

When someone asked him if Jack's addiction played a part in it, he said "maybe." FWIW! 

@beach-mom, well that's a scoop!  I tease. I love ya.  And you are Fogelman's perfect viewer, loving the backstage stuff which he does put a lot of effort into.

Valued Contributor

I'm suspecting suicide.....

I LOVED this show at first, not so much now, but keep tuning in!

Esteemed Contributor

With the actress who plays Kate (name escaping me now) and her weight, I wonder if she went into the series planning to lose, but once she became so well known she has all these people telling her how beautiful she is, how fabulous she looks, how wonderful it is she is happy in her own skin, etc., that she figured this is good, I don't need to lose it. 

Honored Contributor

Well, apparently the cat that William had is named "Clooney"! That's where the name of the episode title came from. Isaac Aptaker (executive producer) says the second most asked (next to the obvious one) question is "What happened to William's cat?" We do know Jesse said a neighbor was taking care of him. But we will learn more about "Clooney" tonight.

We will also learn about how Rebecca and Miguel got together. He and Kevin have a long talk!

(I can't watch in real time tonight, but I will as soon as I get home! See you all later! Smiley Happy)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

Well, apparently the cat that William had is named "Clooney"! That's where the name of the episode title came from. Isaac Aptaker (executive producer) says the second most asked (next to the obvious one) question is "What happened to William's cat?" We do know Jesse said a neighbor was taking care of him. But we will learn more about "Clooney" tonight.

We will also learn about how Rebecca and Miguel got together. He and Kevin have a long talk!

(I can't watch in real time tonight, but I will as soon as I get home! See you all later! Smiley Happy)

Thanks for posting this @beach-mom.  I hope they really do go into how Rebecca and Miguel got together and don't just skim over it.  I am very anxious to hear about it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@beach-momand others,

I read that the post-Super Bowl episode will not be a standalone episode but it will be written in such a way that they say people new to the show will be able to follow easily.  Sounds like a tough thing, giving us something as well as clueless newbs.

As for no one guessing Jack's death (hi, @stevieb and @Tique), I think every possible way to die has been outlined here and on every forum and social media platform.  So the only remaining possibility is that he is abducted by aliens and his studied remains returned to the family.

Honored Contributor

wsmom wrote:

With the actress who plays Kate (name escaping me now) and her weight, I wonder if she went into the series planning to lose, but once she became so well known she has all these people telling her how beautiful she is, how fabulous she looks, how wonderful it is she is happy in her own skin, etc., that she figured this is good, I don't need to lose it. 

I am concerned that she doesn't seem to see it as problematic.  The biggest issue is the WAY she carries that weight.  When one carries excessive weight in the center it is much more dangerous than otherwise.  She has a monumentally excessive amount of fat over that entire area and I wonder how she can even be comfortable or in any version of good health.   I would think she would be advised that it is extremely important to bring that down quite a bit if she wants to live a lot longer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm guessing like everyone else but I think it's a safe bet his addiction played a part in it because they've been delving into addiction lately and someone the last episode mentioned HIS addiction and how SHE protected the children from knowing much about it.

I've gotten to the point where I don't care.  They've acted like a kid saying, "I've got a secret and I'm not telling" (meanwhile everyone keeps guessing and the actors keep 'hinting' ......the truth is coming people!)

They are probably dragging it out at this point because they know a huge part of their audience is hanging on to find out how Jack dies and then will tune out.  This is ridiculous how they've dragged it out.  I also don't care at all and like him less and less each episode.  Those are three messed up kids and I don't think Rebecca is the only one to blame.