Valued Contributor

This is Us March 12 2019 episode

I thought tonight's episode really dragged. Can someone tell me who is the character that came to the hospital and they told her it was really just family that should be waiting?  I haven't watched all the episodes but is she a friend of Kate's? This girl did bring the little doll to the hospital.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us March 12 2019 episode

@elruth - You can find a This is Us discussion forum if you type it in the search box. You can also find a This is Us spoiler forum - that I participate in - the same way.

The character you're referring to is Madison, played by creator Dan Fogelman's real life wife Caitlin Thompson. Kate met her early in the first season when they both attended the weight loss support group. Annoyed with her at first - Kate thought she was perfect and she didn't have a weight problem - they have become best friends. Smiley Happy

IMO tonight Kevin was very rude to her. I was hoping Rebecca would speak up and ask her to stay, but I was satisfied with her conversation later on with Miguel. 

Honored Contributor

I agree, it totally dragged until the final 10 minutes, and I could not believe that no one from the family asked Madison to stay,. 

Respected Contributor

I gave up on this show after last season.  After seeing blurbs all week about this episode, I decided to watch. (expecting something REALLY, REALLY BIG)

Snoozefest.

Regular Contributor

I too have grown disenchanted with this show.  It's so drawn out as someone else said.  My new fav show is "A million little things" it's written so well and really drew me in. Can't beat Grey's and How to get away with murder but everything is now concluded except for Grey's.  

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I gave up on this show after last season.  After seeing blurbs all week about this episode, I decided to watch. (expecting something REALLY, REALLY BIG)

Snoozefest.

Yeah, I don't know what the Shocking! Surprising! Never Before Seen on TV! thing was supposed to be.  We knew last episode that the baby was going to be born 12 weeks early and would obviously have medical issues.  If the baby had not survived, that would not have been surprising either.