Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Shelbelle

I've read several reviews and other items about the show and apparently the premise of the entire show will be to move back and forth between various periods in time as the parents raise the kids and the grown up kids living their lives in the present day... The flashback sequences will apparently not be chronological but will skip around.

The actor who played the new father had an online article about the show, he mentioned something about wearing old age makeup, so that offers some explanation.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to start another one that says, Spoilers because it can't be discussed with out .... well...discussing the show.

Honored Contributor

Or just use the spoiler tag we already have. People can choose to open them or not. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I DVR'd the show and watched it a few minutes ago largely because of the great critic reviews.  It was very good.  I will DVR next week also.  Even on IMDB the rating was a 9 out of 10.

Honored Contributor

So, as the lone naysayer, what do I know...

The ratings, apparently, were stellar... Of course, it was just one show...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I loved it, particularly the end.

I think the cast is great.

Esteemed Contributor

I just got done watching it On Demand...At first, I didn't think I was going to be able to stay with it but, as I kept watching it, I found the way it was written to be very interesting in the way it transitions back and forth between past and present...It actually took me a while to adapt to what was going on...lol...but I found it fascinating and so well done.

I found the scene with the Dr. and Father to be so moving and emotional and the ending was absolutely beautiful!...It definitely looks to be a very worthwhile show to keep an eye on and see where it takes us from here.

@stevieb...I'm sure we all can relate to being a "lone naysayer" at times, so it is really okay!...It makes us unique unto ourselves!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

I just got done watching it On Demand...At first, I didn't think I was going to be able to stay with it but, as time went on, it started captivating me and I found the way it was written to be very interesting as to the characters representing each other at different times in their lives...It actually took me a while to figure it out...lol...I was like...Wow...this is fascinating and so well done.

I found the scene with the Dr. and Father to be so moving and emotional and the ending was absolutely beautiful!...It definitely looks to be a very worthwhile show to keep an eye on and see where it takes us from here.

@stevieb...I'm sure we all can relate to being a "lone naysayer" at times, so it is really okay!...It makes us unique unto ourselves!...LOL

Smiley Wink

Still, since I DVR'd  it I decided I'd watch it again and see if I might have missed something that others appears to have seen...

It's me... I never saw what others saw in Big Bang Theory either...

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb Hey!  You should know by now I'm the person who's always running behind...yelling, "Wait!  Wait!  What did I miss!"  One reason why I'm so devoted to this site is because you guys explain things to me.....

Honored Contributor

I read that the actress who plays the heavy set woman is really going to lose some weight. What an incentive to take the weight off.