Honored Contributor

I hadn't read any specifics about the show prior to watching it other than it promised to have great writing, which is why Justin Hartley said he went for it.

That ending, boy, threw me.  My interest in finding out how that will be handled is very high.  Finally, a show with something different.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I hadn't read any specifics about the show prior to watching it other than it promised to have great writing, which is why Justin Hartley said he went for it.

That ending, boy, threw me.  My interest in finding out how that will be handled is very high.  Finally, a show with something different.

@Mmsfoxxie

I thought I was the only one having  difficult time seeing where it could possibly go from here...

Can't wait to find out

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, I also enjoyed the show and THAT ending was genius!!! What was that movie with Bruce Willis as a psychiatrist and the little boy that saw "dead people"? I didn't know until the very end of the movie that Bruce's character was dead the whole movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie, I also enjoyed the show and THAT ending was genius!!! What was that movie with Bruce Willis as a psychiatrist and the little boy that saw "dead people"? I didn't know until the very end of the movie that Bruce's character was dead the whole movie. 

@loveschocolate it was:  Siixth Sense

& other endings that I did not see coming:

The Others

The Life Before Her Eyes

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey, thanks!!! Haven't seen the other two you mentioned. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate, I think that was the name of it...I See Dead People.  I didn't see the movie but I remember seeing promos of it.  Love Bruce Willis with his funny mouth like he's always up to something, lol.

Yeah, that ending was really unique compared to what's out there now.  Can't wait to see the next episode.  Someone said the regular might be different, though, so take note.

ETA:  Ohh, I see @Mary Bailey corrected me, lol.  Sixth Sense was the title.  Now I remember, the little boy kept saying I see dead people so it sticks out in my memory.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I liked it A LOT.

It did seem a little odd when the man lit up a cigarette outside the nursery.  I do not think this was allowed in 1980 in the hospitals around here.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th, I thought the same thing!   Forgot to mention that.  No one smokes in a hospital!  I might go back to my NBC APP and review the show to notice other things that might have been dated....clothes, hair furniture.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I liked it A LOT.

It did seem a little odd when the man lit up a cigarette outside the nursery.  I do not think this was allowed in 1980 in the hospitals around here.

Well if we want to delve in what as odd

Spoiler
I'm not aware of any adoption agency that's going to hand over a newborn to a couple that just had triplets, one of which died. And as a mother who lost a baby, I found it creepy and odd that they wrote this as if children are interchangable. There wasn't much more hurtful than people telling me I could just have another child or that it was "meant to be". I wanted my specific baby that I lost, not another one. Although I did love what the Dr said to the father and felt that was the most honest and realistic statement made. 
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom, that crossed my mind, too, that no one can adopt a baby that quickly or people that just had two babies of their own and especially a minority baby.  But I dismissed the thought because I watch soap operas that take poetic license with so many facts that I dismissed the thought, lol.

The, too, I remembered the story that the doctor told the father...'just keep thinking you have 3 babies'.