Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I noticed last nite during the show one of our local hospitals ran a promo for their weight loss surgery clinic, how poignant is that??

Sun, did you notice it, it was for St Agnes.

no @Shelbelle!

i have not watched the episode yet.......when i watch it on on demand this weekend i will see if they run it then.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I noticed last nite during the show one of our local hospitals ran a promo for their weight loss surgery clinic, how poignant is that??

no @Shelbelle!

i have not watched the episode yet.......when i watch it on on demand this weekend i will see if they run it then.

I think it was about 20 to 25 minutes into the show. St Agnes is supposed to be the best in this area for bariatric surgery.

Super Contributor

I am hoping that, after a long, sweet romance, Kevin and Sophie reunite.  I just love it when childhood sweethearts end up together.  I'm enjoying this show so much.  It is my favorite new show in years.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

They paid a lot of money for the ad so there must be big money in that surgery.   I find it tacky that a weight-loss clinic would advertise in the show.

Respected Contributor

@snowylady wrote:

I am hoping that, after a long, sweet romance, Kevin and Sophie reunite.  I just love it when childhood sweethearts end up together.  I'm enjoying this show so much.  It is my favorite new show in years.

I'm leaning that way, too, even though we know little about their former marriage!  I just have a "good" feeling about Sophie.  I do feel a little sorry for Sloane, even though I realize their "relationship" was most likely not meant to be more than it was. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

Not a spoiler, but my daughter just sent me a  link to an article that is circulating the theory that Jack died in 9/11, the timeline does not exactly add up to what we already know, but it could be tweaked. If this is true, then the kids were 21 when Jack died.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Not a spoiler, but my daughter just sent me a  link to an article that is circulating the theory that Jack died in on 9/11, the timeline does not exactly add up to what we already know, but it could be tweaked. If this is true, then the kids were 21 when Jack died.

It's not true.  From what I read it started with one person's tweet and then went viral.  The ages don't work out based on Fogelman's own words. 

And while I think there is room for someone to produce a different show about those who lost a loved one on 9/11, had to soldier on and still live with the horror every day, I would not like to see that on this particular show. 

Trusted Contributor

I always wonder about these serial shows, how far in advance the storyline is written. When this show first aired, did the writers know Kevin was divorced from Sophie?  Did they know William was gay?  Did they know how Jack died?  Now they are talking about future seasons.  Do they know what's going to fill those seasons?

I remember LOST seemed to fly by the seat of its pants the longer it was on.

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

The spoiler explains last week and the previous weeks episodes:

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I always wonder about these serial shows, how far in advance the storyline is written. When this show first aired, did the writers know Kevin was divorced from Sophie?  Did they know William was gay?  Did they know how Jack died?  Now they are talking about future seasons.  Do they know what's going to fill those seasons?

I remember LOST seemed to fly by the seat of its pants the longer it was on.

I know what you mean. With any serial drama, I too wonder how much is made up as they go along and how much is plotted over the long haul. If it's like a daytime soap, then I assume they have a 'book' that tells the general story in overview form, but that the details get filled in closer to the time an episode is shot, but who knows...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...