Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

Both dresses Christian Soriano made were more flattering.  She allowed  E or Entertainment Tonight to film her search for a dress, then turned around and wear that heavy looking purple velvet gown.  Christian Soriano deserved at least a heads up.  If I were he, I'd send her a bill for both dresses.

the purple dress looked so much better on her than the red or turquise dresses that christian siriano designed.

http://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2017/01/09/chrissy-metz-christian-siriano-golden-globes/2165099...

I kind of agree. His sparkly red dress had too much going on for someone her size. She looked like she'd been rolled into it. It was a pretty dress, but didn't work on her. The teal dress, though pretty was not as pretty, but it worked better on her. That one, though, didn't have much going on at all. The velvet is pretty and it looks nice. I think when you're that big, whatever volume the velvet might add is sort of a non-issue. Besides, darker colors tend to be at least a bit more slimming.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

As far as awards go, my personal perspective is that she and Rebecca would not be among the first cast members coming to mind worthy of nomination. I don't think either of them has displayed any great range... As far as it goes, this show doesn't really have 'leads' or 'supporting' cast. It really is an ensemble. With just a few exceptions, they all see about the same amount of time on the screen.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh! @stevieb here you go on this Saturday morning, saying what I think so much better than I could.  I totally agree with you about the ensemble. 

That's not to say they aren't all good actors, they are.  Me, personally, I think it's the WORDS that make this show what it is....the WORDS are wonderful.  I think, as far as the show, there are other actors who could play some of the parts as well (i.e. Mandy Moore part especially) and I've heard her say as much.

Together, this group is wonderful.  I couldn't do what they do.  However, I don't think enough credit is given (as usual) to the writers (who write the directions and tell these actors how to feel and what to say).

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As far as awards go, my personal perspective is that she and Rebecca would not be among the first cast members coming to mind worthy of nomination. I don't think either of them has displayed any great range... As far as it goes, this show doesn't really have 'leads' or 'supporting' cast. It really is an ensemble. With just a few exceptions, they all see about the same amount of time on the screen.

@stevieb, I usually disagree with your posts on this show, as I am a great fan of it.  However, I completely agree with you here.

Honored Contributor

Definitely Randall and Kevin who give the most power packed performances.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Definitely Randall and Kevin who give the most power packed performances.

@Shelbelle...Sterling K. Brown (Randall) is definitely the most powerful actor on this show...I'm so impressed with him!...I didn't see "The People vs. OJ Simpson", but he did receive a Golden Globe nomination for his role; however, he didn't win.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in his latest movie, "Marshall" which will be coming out soon...release date has not been announced yet...I posted a "Plot Summary" below for those interested...Sterling K. Brown will be playing the chauffeur.

Plot Summary:

"Marshall" is based on a true incident in the life of Thurgood Marshall, when he was a young lawyer, long before his appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court. As the nation teeters on the brink of WWII, a nearly bankrupt NAACP sends Marshall to conservative Connecticut to defend a black chauffeur against his wealthy socialite employer in a sexual assault and attempted murder trial that quickly became tabloid fodder. In need of a high profile victory but muzzled by a segregationist court, Marshall is partnered with Samuel Friedman, a young Jewish lawyer who has never tried a case. Marshall and Friedman struggle against a hostile storm of fear and prejudice, driven to discover the truth in the sensationalized trial which helped set the groundwork for the Civil Rights Movement to come.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Preview of tomorrow night's episode...We will be going back to when the triplets were born and learning more about Dr. K and the firefighter who brought Randall to the hospital...

Watch This Is Us "Next on This Is Us - The Day It All Began" Current ...

http://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/video/next-on-this-is-us-the-day-it-all-began/34522275 days ago ... Tags: nbc this is us, this is us preview, watch this is us video, season 1 episode 12, this is us the big day, mandy moore rebecca, milo ...

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Last nights episode was good but I did miss The Big Three. I liked seeing the back story for the doctor that delivered Rebecca's babies and also the firefighter's story. 

Regular Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i definitely disagree with you @LoriLori on the dresses......that purple was so much more beautiful on her than the others.....and she said she felt better in it.

she probably should not have "advertised" her association with christian during the choice or fittings process, that way no one would get hurt.

i have no doubt that other designers will be perfectly willing to dress her for the emmys.

@sunshine45

I totally agree with you. The purple dress was much more flattering on her. Maybe Christian's dresses weren't finished with alterations, but I feel the bodice on each of them was not fitting properly & there was way too much material. The red color was beautiful on her.

Trusted Contributor

Last night seemed like a filler to me.  I do not know how important it was to know the fireman's back story.  We knew the doctor missed his wife but I did not like the inference to her pills and suicide.

I'm still confused how in 1980 a couple that  just had triplets would be able to take a foundling home with them.  Also what hospital would have allowed smoking right outside the nursery?