Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Not a spoiler, but my daughter just sent me a  link to an article that is circulating the theory that Jack died in 9/11, the timeline does not exactly add up to what we already know, but it could be tweaked. If this is true, then the kids were 21 when Jack died.

@Shelbelle, from the brief scene of the funeral last week, it seemed to me that the "Big Three" looked to be in high school. maybe 16 years old or so. That would be an interesting theory though.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I always wonder about these serial shows, how far in advance the storyline is written. When this show first aired, did the writers know Kevin was divorced from Sophie?  Did they know William was gay?  Did they know how Jack died?  Now they are talking about future seasons.  Do they know what's going to fill those seasons?

I remember LOST seemed to fly by the seat of its pants the longer it was on.

@abbeythe 8th, there is tons of pre-production work on a series like this.  Probably Fogelman had to show the network two years' worth of scripts when they picked up the pilot.   They could tweak it but chances are he has a few years worth of story in his head. 

A big thing is on This Is Us is location and sets:  they have to build new sets, it seems every week there are more sets, and there are locations that have to be booked.  This show has so many different sets and locations and all that stuff has to be nailed down even before rehearsals.  Just thinking randomly about a few, the cabin, Randall's boss's office, Randall's office, Sophie's front door, the airplane, the pool, the park where the memorial was -- I think this show has many more sets than most.  .

As far as story, Ryan Murphy had a few years of Glee done and you could tell because the first three years were tight and excellent and the ratings were great.  Then the show went off the rails.  Same thing happened with his American Horror Story. 

I love this show but I could see something similar happening to This Is Us in the fourth or fifth year.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad This Is Us returns tonight! I saw on the program guide it said Miguel and Shelly have bad news for Jack and Rebecca. I'm guessing they are splitting up.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle, from the brief scene of the funeral last week, it seemed to me that the "Big Three" looked to be in high school. maybe 16 years old or so. That would be an interesting theory though.

Maybe I read too much into the funeral scene but to me it looked like a cemetery.  Wasn't Jack cremated?

Honored Contributor

I will be disappointed if Kate sleeps with that dog Duke. She should have more  confidence in herself, she grew up the apple of her father's eye who would be unhappy that she doesn't think she deserves better (actually Duke and Toby both). Also if there are men like Jack in this world, can I have one please! As much as Jack and Rebecca love each other last night saw a little crack in their relationship. As for Randall, I hope the tremors he is having isn't going to be something really bad like Parkinson's. I will be a puddle of tears when William dies.

Frequent Contributor

I haven't posted on this thread before, but I really like this show.  I found myself saying, "Don't do it!" as Kate was heading toward that darn Cabin 13.  I know that I will be an emotional disaster when Jack and William die.  I feel like that will happen in the same episode...Randall losing his father and a flashback to how Jack died...I am not normally drawn to a drama, but this show had me hooked from the very beginning...when Jack was offered the cigarette at the hospital and my lightbulb came on as to how all of these characters were connected.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45Thank you for that link-so much fun to watch.(I forgot to click quote so the link is down belowWoman Happy)

I could tell she didn't feel that comfortable in either of the 2 dresses for her.

And the hair, I thought, I bet she is going to wear it down, that would be more her style and she didSmiley Happy I like the purple dress the best. I think its the most flattering for her. She wore what was most her.

haha-This thread is just as interesting if not more so than the actual show! You all rock!

@stevieb wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

Both dresses Christian Soriano made were more flattering.  She allowed  E or Entertainment Tonight to film her search for a dress, then turned around and wear that heavy looking purple velvet gown.  Christian Soriano deserved at least a heads up.  If I were he, I'd send her a bill for both dresses.

the purple dress looked so much better on her than the red or turquise dresses that christian siriano designed.

http://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2017/01/09/chrissy-metz-christian-siriano-golden-globes/2165099...

I kind of agree. His sparkly red dress had too much going on for someone her size. She looked like she'd been rolled into it. It was a pretty dress, but didn't work on her. The teal dress, though pretty was not as pretty, but it worked better on her. That one, though, didn't have much going on at all. The velvet is pretty and it looks nice. I think when you're that big, whatever volume the velvet might add is sort of a non-issue. Besides, darker colors tend to be at least a bit more slimming.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Season finale is March 14, very early.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad Kate stood up for herself to Duke even though it got her ousted from the camp. I feel so badly for Randall, he's starting to crack from all the responsibility and pressure he is under. I think Kevin who wasn't the best brother to Randall growing up is making it up to him now as an adult. The kids last night seemed to be about 14 or 15 years old, at the funeral scene they looked to be 16 or 17 years old, I think the end is near for Jack. We all think Rebecca became a widow when Jack died, but we saw a strain in their marriage last night. I would hate to find out this "perfect" couple divorced. I think the end is near for William (the promo looks like father and son go on a road trip) I will be a puddle when he dies.

Honored Contributor

The end last night really got to me, could not stop crying at the scene with Kevin and Randall, so very touching to see Kev make such a huge sacrifice.