Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Next week's episode was promoed as an exceptional episode. There are so many twists and turns concerning Randall's parentage. I'm glad it was cleared up that William didn't lie to Randall, if Randall is to be angry with someone let it be his birth mom ( although we don't have all the information about her story).

@Jordan2 I thought this weeks episode was wonderful. Sterling K Brown posted on his facebook page almost as soon as the episode finished up: WWRD (What Would Randall Do)! I was surprised they had his mother passed away- but I'm sure future episodes will include half sibling stores.   

Honored Contributor

I cried during the whole show, Laurel had a sad life. I'm glad Randall and we the viewers finally know the whole story. 

Honored Contributor

this episode was just a WOW!

everything about it was excellent.....loved hearing this entire backstory in one full episode.

do you think that there will be any connection between HAI and either jack or nicky from their time in vietnam?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

This was an excellent show last night!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this episode was just a WOW!

everything about it was excellent.....loved hearing this entire backstory in one full episode.

do you think that there will be any connection between HAI and either jack or nicky from their time in vietnam?

@sunshine45 could be, I guess we'll find out. How about Laurel's brother Jackson, could he have crossed paths with Jack or Nicky prior to his untimely death?

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm the only one who thought this was a big waste of an episode. If I sat down to watch this as a new show or a movie, yes, it was well done and interesting.  But as part of this show, I feel it was totally unnecessary.  I would have rather seen how Laurel and William met and her becoming an addict.

I hope this is the last we see of Hai. For there to be some connection between him and any other character would be too, too much.  Although it seems a bit coincidental that his character, who could have been written as anyone, happens to be from Vietnam.

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepyI agree with you.  While it was great seeing her story, I don't think an entire episode needed to be devoted to it.  I too would have liked to see more of her relationship with William, but there will have to be a Vietnam conncetion in the future for them to have spent so much time on setting this up.  It sure didn't take a rocket scientist to know that Randall would be screaming in the water.  Of course I don't know anyone who would go into an unknown body of water in LA in the dark.

Next week should be good.  This will be when Kevin decides that his new family is more important to him than his career.

Bring it on....enough of the Randall show.

Regular Contributor

It would have made more sense to me that Hai was Randall's 

biological dad.  Would explain why she ran away from home and from the man her dad wanted her to marry.  I feel she met William became his friend and he got her hooked on drugs.  At least that's the way I would have written it.  Then Randall's story would have taken another left turn.  Right.  Deceived by William.

Honored Contributor

I want to compliment Lisa Gay Hamilton on her outstanding job as Aunt May, remember her as young lawyer,  Rebecca on The Practice. 

Respected Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@VanSleepyI agree with you.  While it was great seeing her story, I don't think an entire episode needed to be devoted to it.  I too would have liked to see more of her relationship with William, but there will have to be a Vietnam conncetion in the future for them to have spent so much time on setting this up.  It sure didn't take a rocket scientist to know that Randall would be screaming in the water.  Of course I don't know anyone who would go into an unknown body of water in LA in the dark.

Next week should be good.  This will be when Kevin decides that his new family is more important to him than his career.

Bring it on....enough of the Randall show.

I enjoyed the show as always.

@VanSleepy  I was thinking 'gators' every time someone went into the water !Smiley Happy They may have more to scream about than they thought.