Trusted Contributor

It liked the way the show moved along Randall’s storyline by the viral video.  Clever way to do it😊

Honored Contributor

Just read an online summary, it also is leads us to believe that Kate most likely had an abortion and it was a preg test, could have fooled me. 

Honored Contributor

She told him about her bad relationship with the abusive Marc when she was 18 and how she was left home alone when a flashback showed she took a pregnancy test that had a positive result.

I copied this from the online summary of last nights show. It clearly says it was a preg test. 
Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Tommie1965 wrote:

It liked the way the show moved along Randall’s storyline by the viral video.  Clever way to do it😊

@Tommie1965 I thought it ha really fun side to Randall also Woman Happy- I liked especially the way he handled it with Malik too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This Is Us Season Five

[ Edited ]

I'm really having a difficult time with Randall's storyline regarding his biological mother...So we now have a livestream of Randall going practically naked online, unknowingly, of course, which ends up going viral...This leads to the older Vietnamese man who just so happens to catch it online and hears Randall mention his father's name, and this is now the connection which will lead Randall to his biological mother who just so happens to have ended up with the Vietnamese man...after giving birth to Randall and being pronounced dead from a heroin overdose, but then she comes back to life and, apparently, she just goes off to start another life for herself and William never knows that she survived...It's really getting a little too crazy for me.

I've always loved Kevin's character as I could see a very sensitive and caring person who is very giving of himself and loves his family very much underneath his Hollywood facade...As a matter of fact, he reminds me a lot of Jack...I'm not caring for him being with Madison, as I have never cared for her character from the beginning....So I'm having a difficult time seeing them together...I do think that they will build a close relationship with each other and their connection, of course, will be more tied to the fact that they are having twins, so I'm feeling that they won't end up getting married but rather will remain close friends and do what is the best for their children....Kevin will be a wonderful father, as he has proved to be a very loving and caring Uncle to Randall's daughters and has always had a wonderful way of being able to communicate so well with them on their level and they love him and relate to him so very well.

As far as Kate, I thought that was a pregnancy test, but now I see from the posts that it was an ovulation test, so who knows where this storyline will go...It seems that she has experienced some trauma from her relationship with Marc as a teen...Didn't she start opening up to Toby about something that she has been keeping secret?

So, after just five episodes, we now are left to wait until January 5th for the series to resume?...I agree @Jordan2  that they should have just started the series in January and continued on without leaving us with such a large gap...We're talking about seven weeks before it resumes again.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

I'm really having a difficult time with Randall's storyline regarding his biological mother...So we now have a livestream of Randall going practically naked online, unknowingly, of course, which ends up going viral...This leads to the older Vietnamese man who just so happens to catch it online and hears Randall mention his father's name, and this is now the connection which will lead Randall to his biological mother who just so happens to have ended up with the Vietnamese man...after giving birth to Randall and being pronounced dead from a heroin overdose, but then she comes back to life and, apparently, she just goes off to start another life for herself and William never knows that she survived...It's really getting a little too crazy for me.

I've always loved Kevin's character as I could see a very sensitive and caring person who is very giving of himself and loves his family very much underneath his Hollywood facade...As a matter of fact, he reminds me a lot of Jack...I'm not caring for him being with Madison, as I have never cared for her character from the beginning....So I'm having a difficult time seeing them together...I do think that they will build a close relationship with each other and their connection, of course, will be more tied to the fact that they are having twins, so I'm feeling that they won't end up getting married but rather will remain close friends and do what is the best for their children....Kevin will be a wonderful father, as he has proved to be a very loving and caring Uncle to Randall's daughters and has always had a wonderful way of being able to communicate so well with them on their level and they love him and relate to him so very well.

As far as Kate, I thought that was a pregnancy test, but now I see from the posts that it was an ovulation test, so who knows where this storyline will go...It seems that she has experienced some trauma from her relationship with Marc as a teen...Didn't she start opening up to Toby about something that she has been keeping secret?

So, after just five episodes, we now are left to wait until January 5th for the series to resume?...I agree @Jordan2  that they should have just started the series in January and continued on without leaving us with such a large gap...We're talking about seven weeks before it resumes again.

There were only 4 episodes, the 2 parter , then 2 more. 

Honored Contributor

Please read the link I posted, many think it was a preg test, and the prop person used the wrong box, very interesting. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This Is Us Season Five

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@MyShadowLove  wrote:

There were only 4 episodes, the 2 parter , then 2 more.

@Shelbelle ...Yes, I know but I was counting the double 1 hour episodes as two separate episodes in one night and then the three separate episodes afterwards.

I guess I'm getting just as complicated as the series is!...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

I liked last night's episode.  I'm glad they finally showed a lighter side of Randall.  I was beginning to really, really, dislike his character. 

They say next season is the last and everything will be wrapped up....so much to learn.  I can't wait.

I'm starting to think Kevin winnng the Academy Award with bring him and Randall back together again.  I'm thinking Kevin will thank Randall because he was the one who taught him to focus and learn the football plays and he used those same tactics to tackle (no pun intended) the movie role.

I think this is a very smart show and I love how they keep us guessing.  Even when we think we got it, we don't.