Respected Contributor

I thought it was a mostly boring two hours.  And Randall's birth mother being alive is ridiculous.  Forty years later he now wonders what his actual birth date is?  I guess he'll start investigatng and find her?

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I enjoyed the show. I think if they have Randell's birth mother still alive it is rather soap operaish (?probably not a word ). This will not stop me from watching , enjoying , & thinking 'hey this could have happened ! ' Smiley Happy

@Jordan2 I enjoy background music , but the most important to hear IMO is the dialogue . I hate when shows have the music so overwhelming that you can not hear what is being said. I do appreciate your comments.

I had a really hard time telling what Beth was saying.  I guess I wasn't interested enough to rewind and listen again.  LOL  Mandy Moore is a mumbler, too.  The only characters I enjoyed were Miguel and Toby.  Their moment together was touching.  Oh, and also, Kates's neighbor!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the 2 hours ~ have always loved the variety of music that has enhanced the episodes.

I thought the segment between Randall and Malik (talking about George Floyd and others) was moving and important.  With that being said I don't want to see political events completely drive the storylines.

There are a few programs I no longer watch because they have become so political ~ hope that isn't going to happen here. 

Enjoy everyone!!

Honored Contributor

So the two hour premiere was two weeks ago, why does it feel like forever? Originally it was going to premiere tomorrow night but the premiere was moved up. NBC should have had it premiere tomorrow, why air it and then have it preempted  the next week?

Honored Contributor

Tick tock, I can't wait!

Honored Contributor

And Transplant returns tonite too after been gone for 3 weeks. 

Honored Contributor

I love how this show always gets you to a place where it all makes sense. We see a Vietnamese man and little girl, I'm wondering how do they factor into the Pearson's orbit? My guess is the picture of the man and the woman he loves is Randall's biological mom.

Respected Contributor

Last week I said I don't care one bit about Randall's biological mother.  Now we have more characters connected to her.  Ugh.  Do we know if the girl and grandfather are in Vietnam or US?  

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Last week I said I don't care one bit about Randall's biological mother.  Now we have more characters connected to her.  Ugh.  Do we know if the girl and grandfather are in Vietnam or US?  

This show has been centered too much around Randall & it's become a little tiresome.  I love the actor who plays him, but I wish they'd focus more on the other two.  It's no wonder Kevin & Kate are such screwed up messes, it seemed like Jack & Rebecca paid so much attention to Randall's problems & feelings that the other two got left by the wayside & basically raised themselves.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

This show has been centered too much around Randall & it's become a little tiresome.  I love the actor who plays him, but I wish they'd focus more on the other two.  It's no wonder Kevin & Kate are such screwed up messes, it seemed like Jack & Rebecca paid so much attention to Randall's problems & feelings that the other two got left by the wayside & basically raised themselves.

@aubnwa01  I kind of have to disagree with you. Having three kids the same age has got to be challenging. I think Jack and Rebecca did their best trying to give equal time to all three. If it did seem that Randall got more attention than Kevin and Kate I think it’s because of his anxiety, panic attacks, also Randall being African American, they didn’t want him to feel like he was different and not part of the family.