Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 Thanks for bumping this up pretty soon I'll be commenting on the show!

Honored Contributor

Mandy Moore just announced she is pregnant, due sometime early next year. I wonder how this will work into the show this year. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   You're welcome.  I was looking up Mandy Moore's pregnancy and saw the new announcement about the date being moved up by NBC.

It's still a ways off so hopefully all those waiting will not miss the season premiere.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Jordan2   You're welcome.  I was looking up Mandy Moore's pregnancy and saw the new announcement about the date being moved up by NBC.

It's still a ways off so hopefully all those waiting will not miss the season premiere.

@Cakers3 maybe you or I will remind them!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chickenbutt I am weird. I have on my DVR the last episodes of This Is Us, God Friended Me, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, How To Get Away With Murder, Blindspot, Perry Mason, Live With Kelly and Ryan's tribute to Regis, and Songland with Ben Platt. Mind you I haven't watched any of them since I originally saw it, but feel the need to save them!

@Jordan2 I did too.  I am going to watch it as it gets closer.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, really? This is the premise of season 5 of "This is Us"? How disappointing. Sorry, but I like to watch tv to get away from todays problems. And now this show is bringing these said issues into their storyline? Not interested in watching if this is true. Too bad, this show was rather good. Woman Sad

@ID2 ITA!  I want to watch a show to get away from what is going on today not get more upset.

Honored Contributor

I CAN NOT wait until Tuesday!

Honored Contributor

So I like to dissect the episodes, I'm so obsessed with the show. Of the two episodes, the second episode was the standout. I know a lot of you don't enjoy the music that plays during the scenes, but I think it enhances the scenes ( episode one Warren Zevon's Keep Me In Your Heart during the birth and My Sweet Refuge by Roo Panes at the end of the second episode). Two scenes I had to watch again was when Jack was in the hospital chapel. It is hard to ask God for "favors" when you are angry and no longer a believer. Jack's dad isn't quite the monster we thought, when Jack asked what he prayed for at church, " My kids would turn out better than I did", he also wished Jack a Happy Birthday. The second scene I watched again had me in tears ( it wouldn't be a This Is Us episode of I didn't cry at least once), at the car when Randall is talking to Kate about the current events going on. I feel the Pearsons didn't expose Randall enough to his culture and what it means to be a young black child. It's like they were raising him in a white world without addressing how he might be feeling about things that may have effected him. I felt sorry for Kate too as did Randall, but it has to be exhausting for Randall to always be the one to fix everything. Then there is that OMG moment at the end! Poor William spent his whole life feeling guilty about the overdose of Randall's biological mother ( he probably got her the drugs) and giving up Randall for adoption. So, Randall may very well have a birth mother who is alive. I have to wonder though, why would she not seek out William after her release from the hospital ( maybe she thought they would both be better off without her) William lived in the same apartment for years? I am sure we will find out what became of Laurel ( Randall's birth mom) as the season progresses. Oh also, the footage of Rebecca walking through the playground, thinking she saw William, the Chinese restaurant looking for her phone, didn't that all happen last season?

Honored Contributor

As a whole I enjoyed it, however, so much of it seemed like a rehash of so much we already knew long ago. I guess so much was focused on Wm and Laurel to lead up to the ending.  Glad to see Kev and randall speaking, even if very little. So,now are we to assume Randall was born the day before the twins, it appeared that way. I like Kev and Madison together. It did seem very slow last night. 

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed the show. I think if they have Randell's birth mother still alive it is rather soap operaish (?probably not a word ). This will not stop me from watching , enjoying , & thinking 'hey this could have happened ! ' Smiley Happy

@Jordan2 I enjoy background music , but the most important to hear IMO is the dialogue . I hate when shows have the music so overwhelming that you can not hear what is being said. I do appreciate your comments.