Honored Contributor

I LOVED the dream sequence between Kevin and Jack although it makes me wish Jack was alive to enjoy all of his grandkids. 

Trusted Contributor

I was initially hooked on this show, but this season I'm finding to be boring and repetitive. Cue Randal's crying and Kevin's whining. Tonight it was 1/2 hour of getting the babies home in their car seats! I changed the channel!

Honored Contributor

really enjoyed tonights show and theme.

i even managed to get through all of the baby crying......LOL, did THAT bring back some memories......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I am still enjoying the show. 

One detail I have never understood about the story line is how the Pearsons could have adopted Randell so fast ? Has that ever been explained ? I mean probably a week . Wouldn't he have been kept in foster care for a bit while the wheels of tptb turned and churned. It of course makes a great story and has worked out for birthday parties. 

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

One detail I have never understood about the story line is how the Pearsons could have adopted Randell so fast ? Has that ever been explained ? I mean probably a week . Wouldn't he have been kept in foster care for a bit while the wheels of tptb turned and churned. It of course makes a great story and has worked out for birthday parties. 

@okaywitheasypay sometimes reality is suspended, it probably moves the story along more quickly. Sometimes I wonder if Rebecca and Jack hadn't lost their baby, what would have become of Randall ( I can't imagine they would have adopted him)? Would he have been in the foster care system til he turned 18, would he have been adopted by an African American couple, we'll never know.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@okaywitheasypay sometimes reality is suspended, it probably moves the story along more quickly. Sometimes I wonder if Rebecca and Jack hadn't lost their baby, what would have become of Randall ( I can't imagine they would have adopted him)? Would he have been in the foster care system til he turned 18, would he have been adopted by an African American couple, we'll never know.

sounds like an entire episode or two! Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Not sure who the 3 girls and Randall were going inside to see--either their mother, Beth, or Randall's mom. 

Honored Contributor

Re: This Is Us Season Five

[ Edited ]

Jancade,

I believe that the scene showing Randall and his three grown daughters arriving at the very much improved house in the woods returned the audience to the moment the family was gathering for what we previously regarded as the imminent death of "The Big Three's" mother, Rebecca.

ETA:  I still fully love this show.  Yes, some episodes or segments of some episodes might be weaker than others, but I'm with them for the full ride.  I love every moment!

Honored Contributor

As i said in the other thread, it bothered me that Kevin never mentioned love in his proposal to Madison, I dont think this union will last long. 

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Mominohio I forgot about that. Yeah everyone thought his blind daughter would tie in with baby Jack somehow.

I'm wondering the same thing about the car crash guy.  Joshua Malina is a very well-known actor.  Would they bring him in just to drop him at the hospital never to be seen again?

@VanSleepy 

Yep, I was really wondering about the car crash guy too. I mean, it really made little sense to do it unless he (crash victim) is going to have some impact on the future.