Occasional Contributor

As to the sneakers - she asked her birth father for one favor.  I think the sneakers were the favor.

Respected Contributor

I could not get into the premiere last night.  Their unhappiness/angst sometimes is tedious

Honored Contributor

@Kae9 wrote:

As to the sneakers - she asked her birth father for one favor.  I think the sneakers were the favor.

Yes, but wouldnt it be normal of Randall to question where she got the money from, not a cheap gif, I think the Franco Harris story was to parallel Jacks story of how he needed to make a comeback with his life too.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Just watched the season premier and so many questions which I will put in a spoiler

Spoiler
Franco Harris any connection to Deja, I know the live in Pittsburgh and the Steelers Superbowl game day is the day Jack died but I am just thinking out of the box  also the sneakers she gave Randall where did she get the money to pay for them 
Who are Tess and Randall going to see in the hosptial , Randall calls Toby who is in the bed alone, did something happen to Kate, re the IVF or egg retrieval
So so so many questions.
Hold on all its going to be a bumpy ride

@I am still oxox, I think the guy working in the store is Deja's father. We saw her going to the store with her mother when she was younger. As present day Deja, she told him more or less how she didn't need him, a family wanted to adopt her, I think she got the sneakers sort of as a payment he owed her. It's funny how Rebecca must have become a Steelers fan because of Jack's love of the game (she didn't know about the miracle game). Also, who is the guy giving our Rebecca flowers, I hate him already! I loved the scene at the bar with Rebecca singing, they locked eyes, a sweet smile, he was a goner! Also it just shows you, you have to give someone a second chance. Rebecca said it was a bad first date, but she gave him another chance. The last thing I have to say, seeing into the future Randall with his daughter visiting someone. Randall called Toby, I'm wondering why call Toby to visit someone (Toby thought that person wouldn't want to see him) I'm thinking it could be Kate?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This Is Us Season 3

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Just watched the season premier and so many questions which I will put in a spoiler

Spoiler
Franco Harris any connection to Deja, I know the live in Pittsburgh and the Steelers Superbowl game day is the day Jack died but I am just thinking out of the box  also the sneakers she gave Randall where did she get the money to pay for them 
Who are Tess and Randall going to see in the hosptial , Randall calls Toby who is in the bed alone, did something happen to Kate, re the IVF or egg retrieval
So so so many questions.
Hold on all its going to be a bumpy ride

The Franco Harris part is probably a metaphor for beginnings as there were many beginnings for the characters in this episode. And I think Randall and Tess were going to visit Beth, (because Toby, her, and Miguel made a pact the night of Kates wedding to be their own "3"), but with this show I could be wrong because it has so many twists.PS Love the show I am addicted, I watched it 4 times in 2 days to try to figure things out. lol. (I usually watch each episode 3X).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to hang in there but this series is as slow moving and excrutiating as watching paint dry. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I saw this same thing at a Flea Market last week......maybe we were at the same one?  Was it at a fair grounds? Woman Wink @loveschocolate

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I've been thinking, if the show runs maybe three more years, will they have to abandon stories when the big three were in their mid teens? Kids at a certain change quickly, I just wonder if the actors will age out of the roles?

I said this in season one. The teens might be ok for a bit, but the younger kids, at about 10 or so, are going to age out really quickly. 

I wonder if they thought of this (I can't imagine how they didn't) and what they planned for this. Could this be part of the reason we are moving into the future. In case the series lasts, and they can't use the younger kids anymore, so they just kind of move away from that age period?

Honored Contributor

If they map out future storylines for the future, tape the scenes with the teens now. Preteen kids can be recast, but I'd know if they did that with the teen versions. Plus they did an excellent job of casting those roles.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I saw this same thing at a Flea Market last week......maybe we were at the same one?  Was it at a fair grounds? Woman Wink @loveschocolate

@tends2dogs, yes! Here in Ohio!