Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I was quite surprised when Kate began praying to her "dad" to help the baby. Really? Her dad? I would think that God is the one that she should be asking favors to. I found that scene very, very strange. 

@ID2 wrote:

I was quite surprised when Kate began praying to her "dad" to help the baby. Really? Her dad? I would think that God is the one that she should be asking favors to. I found that scene very, very strange. 

I thought exactly the same thing, @ID2 , but then again, so typical of television today.  Probably afraid they will offend someone if they mention God.  I was offended.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I am usually in Randall's corner, but for the last two weeks he has disappointed me. Last night he left a voice message on Beth's phone which was so out of line. Comments like that should be discussed face to face, when you leave a message, it's there you can't take it back. Randall is acting like a spoiled child. As for Toby he really needs to step it up, he is a father now, Kate shouldn't have to go through everything with Jack on her own. As for Kevin, I feel it is difficult to make a choice between having children or being with someone you love. There could come a day when Kevin will be sorry he opted not to have children and blame Zoe for it.

Honored Contributor

Re: This Is Us Season 3

[ Edited ]

I commented earlier I found it very natural that Kate should pray to Jack for help, he is her angel now and was like a God to her when he was alive. He was always her rock. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2   I took it that Kevin is banking on what Sophie said to him.......he always gets what he wants.  Somehow he is going to (in his mind)  have both Zoe and children.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Jordan2   I took it that Kevin is banking on what Sophie said to him.......he always gets what he wants.  Somehow he is going to (in his mind)  have both Zoe and children.  JMO

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs  you can't think you are going to change someone's mind about kids. Having children is a lifelong commitment, you shouldn't give in to make someone else happy, you will be a terrible parent and will resent the child. Kevin has to be absolutely certain he is doing the right thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree, @Jordan2 .  I just think that Kevin is selfish enough to think this way.  You know, with his charm and all, he will bring Zoe around.  Not saying it is right.  Just saying that Kevin is self centered.  I don't think anyone should have children unless they really, really want them.

I guess you might say, I don't really care for the Kevin character.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  if this were real life, I'd hate to deal with Kevin. Things come easily for him, and even when he screws up, he finds a way out.  Actually, Randall is my favorite, and he has his share of flaws. 

Esteemed Contributor

The show is taking interesting twists. Randall and Beth, the hard-working successful couple with happy family find life getting more complicated. Kevin has success, but even that doesn't make him happy. After showing dedication to family (trip to VietNam and helping uncle) he slipped up and drank again; disappointing family again. Mom and Miguel hope to move to West Coast. Kate had her baby. Toby is now the one who needs encouragement. The writers sure know how to flip the story line. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor
For those of us who despise Miguel sending him to The West Coast would be ideal. Out of sight out of mind. Will never forgive him for stealing Rebecca fro. Jacks memory
Esteemed Contributor

How could Miguel steal Rebecca from Jack's memory?  Jack is dead........remember? 

Hilarious.