Esteemed Contributor

Agree with comments about Miguel. The young men in the family could learn from Miguel. Husband said he was disappointed Rebecca doesn't require respect for Miguel from her children. I also miss William. With Jack gone, William could have been the moral compass for the family.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I haven't watched the latest episode.  I just found it boring.

I forgot all about it.  Hope it's still on my DVR.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This Is Us Season 3

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake wrote:

Agree with comments about Miguel. The young men in the family could learn from Miguel. Husband said he was disappointed Rebecca doesn't require respect for Miguel from her children. I also miss William. With Jack gone, William could have been the moral compass for the family.

@jeanlake ...Yes, I feel the same way!...I loved William's character and, during his short stay with Randall & Beth, he proved to be a very valuable and positive asset to their family...in a way that only a very wise and intuitive elderly person who had experienced much hardship and struggles and learned many life lessons along the way could do.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I was quite surprised when Kate began praying to her "dad" to help the baby. Really? Her dad? I would think that God is the one that she should be asking favors to. I found that scene very, very strange. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I was quite surprised when Kate began praying to her "dad" to help the baby. Really? Her dad? I would think that God is the one that she should be asking favors to. I found that scene very, very strange. 

I agree @ID2 .  I found it strange and disturbing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I did not find it odd that she was asking Jack for his help, he is an angel to her now and when he was alive he was a God to her in her mind. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I did not find it odd that she was asking Jack for his help, he is an angel to her now and when he was alive he was a God to her in her mind. 

i didnt find it strange either, especially considering we dont even know if she really believes in god. we DO know that she turned to her father for almost everything. she wanted someone to guide her and comfort her and jack always did that.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle   Agree.  We never saw religion as a part of the family.

She was so close to Jack; and her belief that he is there all around them was touching.

Remember she said she didn't know why she was looking up because she knew he wasn't just in one place but everywhere.

This episode touched me deeply-about Kate, not the waiting room drama.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I thought it was mean of Toby to say that Kate asked to see Miguel first.  He said it was a joke, but it wasn't funny.

@NickNack  He was a jerk to do that.  It was hostility cloaked as a joke.

Not buying it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I thought it was mean of Toby to say that Kate asked to see Miguel first.  He said it was a joke, but it wasn't funny.

@NickNack  He was a jerk to do that.  It was hostility cloaked as a joke.

Not buying it.

@Cakers3 ....Exactly!...It could be termed "passive-aggressive" joking!...I've witnessed this behavior in real life.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~