Honored Contributor

I have started a thread for the beginning of each new season, this is sad for me as it will be the last one. It will premiere on January 4, NBC wanted to present this last batch of episodes in as uninterrupted a fashion as possible. I thought Ordinary Joe would be a good replacement, but it isn't. I will miss our next day discussions of the show. I will relish these last episodes, I hope it comes to a satisfying conclusion. 

Honored Contributor

Re: This Is Us Final Season 6

Oh how I agree with you, Jordan2.  One of my last real pleasures found on TV.  The other day I read about NBC's airing plan, and I was elated and dejected at the same time.

I don't want this show to end.  There are very few shows for which I can make such a statement.  None that I can think of off-hand.

I'm still mourning the production stop of The Durrell's in Corfu (on PBS). Keeley Hawes, who played mother Louisa Durrell, had a more alluring commitment, and they stopped producing the show.  She was irreplaceable in that role. 

Honored Contributor

i will really miss this show also.

i cannot believe that they can wrap up EVERY question we have regarding storylines and characters in this final season.

i AM glad that i have found a few serious shows to keep me satisfied.....mainly NEW AMSTERDAM (aready renewed) and A MILLION LITTLE THINGS.

thanks for hosting these threads @Jordan2 !

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

This has been pretty much the only show I've watched for the last few years. I will surely miss it also.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i will really miss this show also.

i cannot believe that they can wrap up EVERY question we have regarding storylines and characters in this final season.

i AM glad that i have found a few serious shows to keep me satisfied.....mainly NEW AMSTERDAM (aready renewed) and A MILLION LITTLE THINGS.

thanks for hosting these threads @Jordan2 !

@sunshine45  you're welcome, it has been my pleasure. I always enjoyed the conversations of what did you think, ideas of where the storylines were going, also bringing to my attention something I missed. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will have to catch up on my episodes.  I have a bunch recorded.  I think the last time I watched, Kevin & wife were having the babies.

When this show started, I could not wait to watch it.  Then something changed, don't know what, but I kind of lost interest.  But I will have to get back into it again.  I hope it ends with everyone being in a good place.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Even though I don't like the holidays it will bring me closer to the start of my favorite show, although I can't stand the thought of it ending. I don't know how many episodes there will be but I will savor each one.

Honored Contributor

I know when the announced it would not air until Jan they also said that the episodes will run straight thru and not be pre empted. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have started a thread for the beginning of each new season, this is sad for me as it will be the last one. It will premiere on January 4, NBC wanted to present this last batch of episodes in as uninterrupted a fashion as possible. I thought Ordinary Joe would be a good replacement, but it isn't. I will miss our next day discussions of the show. I will relish these last episodes, I hope it comes to a satisfying conclusion. 

@Jordan2   "This is Us" is one of my all time favorite series.  Sad to see this is the last season but I think it has run its course.  Only because we have seen a glimpse of the future with Rebecca's condition and a glimpse into the future of Beth and Randall's girls, for starters.

I think it would be hard to keep the storyline going without getting into the lives of the grown children and without Rebecca.

As far as Ordinary Joe, it placed 8th out of 9 shows reviewed so right now it does not look good; you never know but the consensus, last I saw, was that it was not going to be renewed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Ordinary Joe returns on Jan 3. I really like it!!!