Honored Contributor

Re: This Is Us Final Season 6

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I know Miguel and Shelley had a son and daughter and he said he had not spoken to his son in 5 years, but didnt mention the daughter. 

Did anyone notice whether in last week's episode Miguel's daughter in the visits? When I was watching some previous shows (on HULU) I thought the actress that played his daughter looked very familiar. I checked her bio and saw it is the same actress that plays Bull's wife on that show.

I thought last nights episode was good, but sad for Rebbeca. I enjoyed the interaction of the 3's spouses. Beth called it right.Smiley Happy

According to IMDB Yara Martinez has not been on TIU since 2018, she played a character named Amber, dont know who that is. 

Honored Contributor

How painful will the withdrawal be for me when this show ends?  How much I love it.

So many tears, especially last week with Miguel and this week as Rebecca became even more a ghost of herself.  She -- her essence -- is fading fast.  As Randall said, "Our mom was magic."  She did instinctively know what to say to or do for each child as his or her needs emerged.

I have a feeling that after next Tuesday's show, I'll be bawling like a baby.  Letting go of Rebecca is going to be hard.  As it has affected others on this board, the pain of letting go of the matriarch of this Pearson family resurrects so many painful memories for me.

I hate endings.  I hate goodbyes.

Honored Contributor

it was a beautiful show last night.

so glad that the big three came together in agreement.

does anyone have an idea how long the time period was between miguesl dying and last nights episode?

it  sure seems like there is some significant time passing between last nights episode and next weeks episode ( nearing the end) just by looking at  kevin and randall.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

They mentioned that it was only 7 days since Miguel passed.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

How painful will the withdrawal be for me when this show ends?  How much I love it.

So many tears, especially last week with Miguel and this week as Rebecca became even more a ghost of herself.  She -- her essence -- is fading fast.  As Randall said, "Our mom was magic."  She did instinctively know what to say to or do for each child as his or her needs emerged.

I have a feeling that after next Tuesday's show, I'll be bawling like a baby.  Letting go of Rebecca is going to be hard.  As it has affected others on this board, the pain of letting go of the matriarch of this Pearson family resurrects so many painful memories for me.

I hate endings.  I hate goodbyes.

@golding76 I couldn't agree more with what you have said, I'm wondering if Rebecca will pass next week, maybe the last episode will be filled with a lot of clips from the past. @ID2 it was only 7 days since Miguel passed when the Big Three were discussing plans about their mother, but at the end of the episode it had to have been at least several years later as Kevin and Randall looked like they had aged. 

Honored Contributor

Mandy Moore's comment on Jimmy Fallon show regarding 2nd to last show..

069412D4-3429-49E9-ABBD-C7220FB919F0.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

It was heart breaking to watch.  I have my Kleenex ready for the last two shows.  I knew Sophie looked familiar and realized she plays Mel on Virgin River.  I can't wait for that show to come back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A poster on the other This Is Us thread wondered what the next episode, called "The Train," might be about.

Very often a train in literature, film, etc., represents the journey of life.  At one time, I used the symbolism in a grief column I wrote.  From my view, when you are born, you come aboard the train and see your parents, a sibling if your parents already had a child, your grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends of your parents.

As the train goes along life's way and you age, your friends climb aboard.  Eventually, your great love (or great loves, if that is what life has thrown your way), comes aboard. 

For a while, everything is wonderful as all those in your world roll along on the trip with you.  Perhaps you are fortunate to have children of your own, and they board the train with you.

Sadly, life is not eternal, nor is the train ride with all your loved ones and friends going to continue forever.  One by one, someone on the ride -- your journey -- must step off the train, and they are gone from this precious ride forever.  You look forlornly at them as the train pulls out of the station.  They are no longer with you on your life's ride.

Will that happen to Rebecca?  Will she happily greet Jack and her children on her train ride but then have to say goodbye to certain loved ones?

And, as is inevitable, Rebecca herself will have to step off the train.  Will she feel great anguish as she leaves behind her children and grandchildren?  Will Jack and Miguel greet her as she arrives at her final destination?

What do you think will happen?  How do you think "The Train" will be dramatized?

Honored Contributor

The greatest achievement one can have as a parent is to raise kind, good, decent children who grow up to be the same adults. Rebecca did that and more, she deserves to Rest In Peace knowing how well her children turned out.

Valued Contributor

🚞 😪