Honored Contributor

Re: Thirtysomething(else) - Sequel to Thirtysomething coming this fall

@Shelbelle wrote:

It will be interesting to see if couples Michael and Hope and Nancy and Elliott are stil together, both had often volatile marriages. And how is Nancy's health? Wonder if Elliott and Michael are retired from the their ad biz? And did Melissa ever find her Mr Right, and I do thinkk Ellyn was engaged when the show ended. And as for Gary, we all know what happened to him, but he had a snooty wife at the time. 

@Shelbelle - It WILL be interesting to see how the characters are now!

Ellyn and Billy got married near the end of the series. The "ghost" of Gary showed up and told Michael not to worry about Melissa - she was going to marry Lee and they would have a child.

I thought it was interesting at the end when the Steadmans decided to move to Washington D.C. for Hope's job. In real life Mel Harris was  married to (but later divorced) the official White House photographer David Hume Kennerly!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@beach-mom  I am a big fan of the original show.  I just hope the new show does not disappoint.  Some times these remakes of hit shows just miss the mark. But I will look forward to it and  how  the characters have changed! 

@SeaMaiden - I agree with you about some of these newer shows, and I hope you're right! I was telling DH about it tonight. He remembers how much I loved it. He watched it to when he could. He said he hopes they don't make it one of these "those children know everything their silly parents don't" shows. Of course the "children" are now the thirty-somethings! With creators like these though, I think it has a lot of potential to be a show everyone looks forward to!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Hope this gets picked up by a major network. I don't do streaming services and would hate to miss it. I was a big 30 Something fan back in the day. I'm wondering if this could be as good. 

@Mominohio 

My thoughts exactly!  This was one of my really favorites back in the day!  Never missed it.  Hope it is on regular t.v. and that all original cast members will return in some capacity!  Can it be as good as original --- ????

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Years ago it was dropped so suddenly with no closeure, I am surprised the producers are willing to go at it again. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

It will be interesting to see if couples Michael and Hope and Nancy and Elliott are stil together, both had often volatile marriages. And how is Nancy's health? Wonder if Elliott and Michael are retired from the their ad biz? And did Melissa ever find her Mr Right, and I do thinkk Ellyn was engaged when the show ended. And as for Gary, we all know what happened to him, but he had a snooty wife at the time. 

@Shelbelle - It WILL be interesting to see how the characters are now!

Ellyn and Billy got married near the end of the series. The "ghost" of Gary showed up and told Michael not to worry about Melissa - she was going to marry Lee and they would have a child.

I thought it was interesting at the end when the Steadmans decided to move to Washington D.C. for Hope's job. In real life Mel Harris was  married to (but later divorced) the official White House photographer David Hume Kennerly!  Smiley Happy

I did my best from memory only, I did not look up any of the ending, I dont remember Ellyn and Billy getting married, but so much for my memory. Lee is a fading memory, I think he was Melissa's nerdy friend. 

Honored Contributor

I do remember Shirley Knight as Hope's mother and Steven Hill as Michaels father. 

Respected Contributor

The original  series is on Youtube.  i'm on season 4 now,  Melissa has a gallery show and just re-connected with Leonard Katz from High School.   Episode 17 Ellen marries Billy.

Lee was Melissa's 20 something painter boyfriend who got a graphic design job at the Ad Agency

Respected Contributor

I would love to see this show come back.  It was must-see TV for me back in the day, even before DVRs!

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

The original  series is on Youtube.  i'm on season 4 now,  Melissa has a gallery show and just re-connected with Leonard Katz from High School.   Episode 17 Ellen marries Billy.

Lee was Melissa's 20 something painter boyfriend who got a graphic design job at the Ad Agency

@CatsyCline  I'm going to watch the old series...even though I was a big fan and saw every episode, over the years I had forgotten a lot. Thanks for mentioning that it's on YouTube!