Honored Contributor

Re: 😍 They didn't stand a chance! 😍

Clark Gable and Carol Lombard. I believe MGM paid for his divorce.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Don't forget Tracy & Hepburn.......

@Desertdi  True, but he never left his wife.....But, imagine the embarassment for his wife, being married all those years to a cheating man and everyone knows it! That must have been so humiliating for her! He also died relatively young, 67 years old!

@CANDLEQUEEN   Tracy was a "devout Catholic" who would not divorce his wife.  Hepburn and Tracy did live together but the home was kept a huge Hollywood secret.  Tracy and his wife lived apart for years before Hepburn.

In fact, Tracy died in that home; Hepburn had to call his wife to tell him and give him the address but Hepburn left when medical help arrived and before the wife arrived.

Hepburn did not attend the funeral, either.

Hepburn had quite a few affairs of her own before meeting Tracy.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Eddie Fisher was married to Elizabeth Taylor when she "met" Richard Burton (also married).  And the rest is history........

Cleopatra

Jennifer Aneston was married to Brad Pitt when he "metAngealina Jolie (unmarried).  And the rest is history........

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Melanie Griffith was married to Don Johnson when she "met" Antonio Banderas (married).  And the rest is history......

Too Much

@Mz iMac 

A good friend of mine worked on the Friends show for several years.  He said Jennifer Anniston had a long time thing going with one of her male co-stars, even after she married Brad.   It was more of a "PR" marriage than anything else, and Jen didn't want kids, period.

I always thought Brad Pitt got a raw deal the way he was criticized so harshly because of AJ.  Jennifer was no angel and Brad wanted kids.  That marriage was doomed to fail, even if AJ hadn't come along.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi  True, but he never left his wife.....But, imagine the embarassment for his wife, being married all those years to a cheating man and everyone knows it! That must have been so humiliating for her! He also died relatively young, 67 years old!

@CANDLEQUEEN   I have read that Tracy and Hepburn were both gay, but only they really knew.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   I have read that Tracy and Hepburn were both gay, but only they really knew.

@mousiegirl 

Or they could have both been "ambidextrous" ... it's not really that uncommon.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Or they could have both been "ambidextrous" ... it's not really that uncommon. 

@Tinkrbl44   I assume you used this word in place of the "bi" word.

Honored Contributor

Stephen Moyer was in a 7 yr committed relationship when he "met" Anna Paquin.  And the rest is history....

True Blood

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Paul Newman left his wife for Joanne Woodward.
Super Contributor

That I didn’t know.
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN @My dad said that they remained married because of his wife's religious views. I don't know if this was true, just a spin the press put on things back then or just gossip.