Esteemed Contributor

Re: 😍 They didn't stand a chance! 😍

Liz, Debbie, Eddie and Mike Todd knew each other for years.  This is why Eddie was immediately available to Liz after Mike's tragic death for support and "consolation."

Mike and Liz's wedding:

WABMH0.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Ali McGraw left Robert Evan's for Steve McQueen
Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
Ali McGraw left Robert Evan's for Steve McQueen

@lgfan 

Robert Evans was married seven times.   

At one point, he married Dynasty star Catherine Oxenberg, who was 30 years younger.  The marriage was annulled 10 days later.  There was a LOT of speculation about that marriage.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting note about Mike Todd.....he was married three times.......second wife was actress Joan Blondell, who married him after she divorced  "Richard" Powell., who later on married June Allyson....the Todd/Blondell marriage was 1947-1950. Thrid wife was Elizabeth Taylor.  (I was not allowed to type the usual short name for "Richard"......)

I enjoy the movies of the 30's and 40's. Joan Blondell and Ann Sothern were two of my favorites, among many others........for some reason, I thought Mike Todd had been married more than three times! He was considered a very manly man, and I am sure if he had not been killed in that plane crash, he and Liz would have been married much longer. Just saying......

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN @I've never seen or heard anything to account for the popularity of EF with so many women. Maybe he had a really great personality or really treated them wonderfully. 

Maybe he had something else.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Mike and Liz's wedding:

WABMH0.jpeg

Hard to believe Liz was pregnant when she married Mike.  Her waist is smaller than Debbie's. Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@KittyLoverBob   SO, My take on it is, the heart wants (who, Whom?) the heart wants.

I don't think the body part that Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor were intrerested in was the heart. :-)

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac And gosh that looks an awful lot like Liz's next husband there on the left.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

EF did have something else......He sang

Oh My Papa. Everytime I heard him sing that song as a child, I would run to the tv and give him a kiss.  You see, my Papa  

(Dad) was all those things he sung about.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Eddie Fisher was married to Elizabeth Taylor when she "met" Richard Burton (also married).  And the rest is history........

Cleopatra

Jennifer Aneston was married to Brad Pitt when he "metAngealina Jolie (unmarried).  And the rest is history........

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Melanie Griffith was married to Don Johnson when she "met" Antonio Banderas (married).  And the rest is history......

Too Much

And....Eddie Fisher was married to Debbie Reynolds when he hooked up with Liz after Todd's death.