Honored Contributor

Re: There is so little to watch on TV

Have you watched the second season of The Murdaugh Murders on Netflix?  It just dropped a week or two ago.

Honored Contributor

As previous posters mentioned, I mainly watch reruns of Frazier, Law & Order, Monk, etc. etc.  I also like the Movie! channel and TCM.  Also I enjoy watching some sports, i.e, tennis (we get the Tennis Channel on our cable system) and football.  I do not "stream" anything.

If there's nothing that I feel like watching on TV, I read!!! What an idea!!!

Personally, I don't even know a strike is going on!

Honored Contributor

I agree....Monk, Columbo, and classics are treats for me.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

we seems to have difficulty finding anything to watch

Sorry, but I find that hard to believe when people post such comments about Amazon & Netflix.

All you have to do is put in the "search" field is the type of movies, tv shows, documentaries, etc you like to watch.  Thousands of recommendations will pop up.  Netflix, I swear the number is in the millions. Smiley Surprised

Netflix will automatically customize the type of  things you like to view as they keep your "viewing history" which can be found in your settings.

Amazon Prime will have a "Recommended" & "Movies, TV, etc. I think you will like" section based on your viewing habits.

Amazon & Netflix has thousands of shows from other countries (some dubbed & some w/subtitles) not just the UK & Canada.

Through Netflix settings you can set all foriegn shows to be dubbed instead of subtitled.

FWIW......

Regarding Netflix viewing history setting:  If you have never ventured there, when you do, you will see every thing you have watched since "day 1." Smiley Surprised

Every month I delete them all except for the latest/recent show.

I have not found a setting where Amazon Prime keeps its viewing history *yet.*

If anyone knows, please advise.  TIA.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Best TV is the Science or History channels.  BBC America, NatGeo are also good.

Otherwise - it's webinars online.

I haven't tuned into any of the "mainstsream" media in about 20 years. 

Honored Contributor

I mostly live for Friday & Saturday niights for On Patrol Live which I'm sure Netflix doesn't carry.  I don't have Netflix and have no intention of getting it.  We still have DirecTV and aren't planning on spending more for other content.  I looked at Amazon once, but really didn't see anything of interest except maybe Heidi & Tim's replacement for Project Runway.  The only other things I saw were pay on top of Prime.  I also like College Football and PBR (Professional Bull Riding) which aren't on most of the streaming services.  

Honored Contributor

I think I have ALL the scripts of "the oldies" MEMORIZED 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Netflix...How to Get Away with Murder, several seasons, excellent can't stop binge watching

Dead to Me - that's the next one for me

The Watcher 

Fall of the House of Usher

The problem for me is I watch until maybe 2am and gotta get up for work at 7:30. Yikes!

Esteemed Contributor

When I feel there is "nothing to watch" I reflect on the "good ole days" when there were only three, maybe four, channels total none of which broadcast 24 hours a day.

I also keep a collection of unread books on my tablet.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

On Apple TV The Morning Show is great.  And Lessons In Chemistry just started - it's supposed to be really good - loved the book.