Super Contributor

Re: There is only one ""Odd Couple"" Randall and Klugman

I didn't watch the show, nor do I have any interest in the show. However, I did notice that it cracked the top 10 in the Nielsen ratings, which is impressive for a new show.

Trusted Contributor

One of my favorite 60s movies was the Odd Couple with Jack Lemmon and Walter M. Thanks for the link to the JL interview, he was so amazing and so talented, he could do anything and make it look good.

Regular Contributor

Sorry, but I love this show and it is time for "new" actors to play these rolls. I think they play off of one another just great and intend to watch as long as it is on.

"You never know when the last time will be the last time."

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Honored Contributor

Anyone remember the remake of ""Ironside""?

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

On 2/26/2015 Ringer2 said:

Sorry, but I love this show and it is time for "new" actors to play these rolls. I think they play off of one another just great and intend to watch as long as it is on.

"You never know when the last time will be the last time."

I do have a since of humor {#emotions_dlg.lol} and I love your reply...

No we don't know when will be the last time, but it sure is getting hot here....

Respected Contributor

JAVA--- you have come a long way in a short time. I continue to admire your passion and your commitment to finding your truth. ETA----- I cannot comment on The Odd Couple. I watch virtually no television (2 or 3 shows ) and haven't even heard of most of what is discussed here.
Respected Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Danky said: JAVA--- you have come a long way in a short time. I continue to admire your passion and your commitment to finding your truth. ETA----- I cannot comment on The Odd Couple. I watch virtually no television (2 or 3 shows ) and haven't even heard of most of what is discussed here.

Thank you Danky, somedays I have more functioning synapses, and other times they short circuit... it can happen at any time something I eat etc. Proof reading is also the pits because the thoughts are still perfect in my head but getting them down on paper is another thing.

it is making the connection if it comes up short I could stand on my head and it is not going to ignite LOL. it is the pits when I have those days...

"In the nervous system, a synapse is a structure that permits a neuron (or nerve cell) to pass an electrical or chemical signal to another cell (neural or otherwise)."

They act like spark plugs... It is a lesson in patience

Honored Contributor

That is how well the new Ironside did. Nobody remembers it.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Danky said: JAVA--- you have come a long way in a short time. I continue to admire your passion and your commitment to finding your truth. ETA----- I cannot comment on The Odd Couple. I watch virtually no television (2 or 3 shows ) and haven't even heard of most of what is discussed here.

Danks, with all due respect and affection, please may I ask you to look at it from another side. As you only watch two or three shows (how lucky we are one is BB) maybe you don't have much experience with forums either?

I think you see this as about censorship, and I see it differently and so do some others. What Java is doing is called "hijacking the thread." That is the actual term for it.

People click on this topic to talk about The Odd Couple, and suddenly they are thrust into a religious treatise. That is, in fact, against QVC's Terms of Service (TOS).

But more importantly it's a violation of people's posting. Java, I hope you too understand what I sam saying. I mean you no harm whatsoever. People come to talk about a tv show and then find posts about religion and then it always turns into an argument of the people who actually want to discuss what's in the thread vs. Java. And now you, Danky.

I am excepting the thread that bears your name. That is an off topic thread and though I've said in the past I don't like discussing politics and religion that is really a consensus question so I've realized if people there want to talk about it I have no right to try and stop it.

But this is an Odd Couple thread. And what people are trying to tell you, Danks, and also Java, is why can't we ever have a thread that is free of the constant proseltyzing.

Tinkr has given us the solution: Java, start an O/T thread here on religion. I agree with that. No more hijacking. It's not right, whether it's about religion or anything else.

Esteemed Contributor

I still like it, Matthew Perry needs to smooth out his delivery of the lines.