Honored Contributor

Is this old news?

Fake news?

Gwen & Blake

She supposedly called off their spring wedding

I like Gwen, I know she is still stinging from her previous relationship.

Maybe she jumped back into the dating pool too soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I had no idea they wre even talking marriage.  Any time I'd heard a comment about it I assumed it was just media speculation or tabloid fodder.

Honored Contributor

Must be fake news.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Is this old news?

Fake news?

Gwen & Blake

She supposedly called off their spring wedding

I like Gwen, I know she is still stinging from her previous relationship.

Maybe she jumped back into the dating pool too soon.

@software  What wedding?  Howzabout citing sources for where you are getting your information - both the wedding and the calling it off.   You are posting in kind of a vacuum.  How are we to know whether even your first source (wedding) was credible let alone this new news?

Honored Contributor

The last I heard was The Voice producers were trying to talk Blake into proposing on air. He said no. 

I don't remember their being engaged and planning a wedding. I think a lot of sources are just assuming that! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I believe the term is gossip.  

Respected Contributor

I don't have any idea who Gwen and Blake are.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tyak, hehe.  Gwen Stephanie and Blake Shelton, both from the Voice at one time or another.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

Her last name is Stefani

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Tyak, hehe.  Gwen Stephanie and Blake Shelton, both from the Voice at one time or another.  LM

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Source Gossip Cop

Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are not on the “verge of a split,” despite a misleading claim. This deceptively-packaged story was designed to initially make readers think the couple is breaking up after Stefani “called off their wedding plans.” Gossip Cop can bust it.

As Gossip Cop reported, last week’s Life & Style cover story falsely claimed Stefani canceled a “down-home country wedding in Oklahoma” that was supposedly set for June. Gossip Cop busted the false allegation within hours of the issue hitting newsstands, explaining that there was never a wedding in the works, making it impossible for one to be “called off.” A rep for the No Doubt front woman also exclusively confirmed to us that the article was completely “untrue.”

But Celebrity Insider is prioritizing the fictional contentions over the truth. “Gwen Stefani And Blake Shelton On The Verge Of A Split? She Reportedly Called Off Their Wedding Plans,” reads the site’s headline. The webloid regurgitates the gossip magazine’s assertions, writing how their “insider says that Stefani and Shelton were planning a country wedding in Oklahoma, but she decided to not go through with it because she was ‘unnerved’ by Shelton’s student-teacher relationship with Chloe Kohanski, the most recent winner of ‘The Voice.'”

It’s only in the fourth paragraph, after scrolling down the page, that the reader learns these allegations may not have merit. The blog switches from promoting the publication’s claims to disputing them. “But, could any of this be close to the truth? Could an insider really know all of this and then dish it out to a tabloid? According to Gossip Cop, absolutely not,” writes the online outlet, adding, “The first problem with the cover story is that the singers were never planning a wedding. A Stefani rep told the truth-telling website that there was no ceremony to cancel and the alleged relationship problems are simply inaccurate.”

While Gossip Cop appreciates being given credit for our debunkings, we still object to the way this tall tale was presented. Celebrity Insider chose to use a completely false headline, which is what appears on Google when fans search Stefani and Shelton’s names. Consequently, people are seeing the fake news in the results (a wedding was called off, split could be coming), instead of the real (no wedding was called off, split is not coming). Someone would have to click onto the story and read through the first few paragraphs before finding out what’s really going on.

As the site even admits, Stefani has made it clear on Instagram that she and Shelton are still happily together. But the webloid has done a disservice to readers by misrepresenting the truth.