Respected Contributor

Re: The shows you used to love but had to quit watching

I agree Bonnielu, Person of Interest has begun recording on my DVR, but i move every epi to the bottom hoping they will start to erase themselves! I have a hard time cutting the cord as others have said...That being said, I watched Lost till the end!! ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

Under the Dome and Dallas, which I was really sorry to leave but John Ross just got too sick with all that bed jumping.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/1/2014 redwingsgal said:

I agree Bonnielu, Person of Interest has begun recording on my DVR, but i move every epi to the bottom hoping they will start to erase themselves! I have a hard time cutting the cord as others have said...That being said, I watched Lost till the end!! ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Are you me? Are we twins? Lol. I could have written your post myself. Especially about Lost. Argh indeed.

I miss the old Person of Interest before Samaritan and Decima and all that stuff. And I hate the Root character. Last season I started fast forwarding through some scenes because I wasn't ready to cut the cord.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

I am an unbelievable (true blue) fan of Person of Interest.......but...but....like Star and redwing.....I am tired of all of this Samaritan and who's it stuff.

I like the old days when they helped people and that was it. This new story line is depressing and not 'entertaining'. I find myself feeling very depressed (like we are heading that way) after seeing this show.

Now they are deep down in the subway? I know they have that down there, I've seen it on National Geographic. It's just getting too Big Brother and in a depressing way.

I saw where their 'numbers' went down last season (GEE! I wonder why?). It's because people don't like the direction this show is taking.

Like some of you I will continue to tape it and maybe watch it (hoping it will change). I hope the writers and producers get the message that many people are sick of this. I have to wonder if the 20 and 30's are driving this show. It seems like maybe they are into the computer aspect of this show more than someone even in their late 30's and so on.

I know I'm categorizing this but I keep reading the numbers and how these are the ages that the advertisers are targeting.

Trusted Contributor

Stopped watching DWTS this season...it has gotten to be a "bit much", don't know the "stars"....

Stopped watching "Survivor" this season. Watched everyone from the beginning but just lost interest.

I hung in there with "Under The Dome", don't ask me why. I swear they made up the storyline as they went along........

Honored Contributor

I change over DWTS because it bothers me. I used to watch the entire show. Now I'm tired of their comments.

I don't like the way they keep some of these dancers who obviously cannot dance. They have on their young people who obviously can dance.

There isn't much inbetween. The inbetweens get voted off pretty quickly. You'd think some of these people who can hardly put one foot in front of the other would get off first.

I also don't like the way Chong (I think that's his name) is constantly acting like he's smoking drugs to the camera. It's as if he is acting like 'what's the big deal'.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/1/2014 qvcfan526 said:

Under the Dome and Dallas, which I was really sorry to leave but John Ross just got too sick with all that bed jumping.

I don't care for that aspect of John Ross's character either. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I no longer watch "Person of Interest", either. I don't even know what the heck is going on on that show now. "Nashville" is on the bubble for me, too. The one last week was pretty awful. "The Good Wife" has always bugged me with all the scheming and sneaky tricks going on. I gave up on "Criminal Minds" about 3 years ago. I got sick of seeing woman tortured and degraded all the time. Who thinks up this sadistic stuff? Really, there are very few shows I am loyal to. I like "Modern Family", "Last Man Standing" "The Bridge" and "Blue Bloods" even though I wish the Regans weren't the only cops to catch the big cases and be heros all the time. The new show "Gotham" was one I liked. "SVU" has gotten over the top with the storylines now so I don't watch it anymore. Thank God for sports or I wouldn't even turn the darn TV on for days at a time.

Super Contributor

I've barely watched anything new since NYPD Blue and Homicide. I find the acting and the writing lacking in most shows these days and can't stick with them.

I like Big Bang Theory but something is lacking so far this season and I may have to drop it. I thought the storyline about Howard ended badly. If his invention had worked it would have shown that brains can match brawn. And it would have been encouraging for the little nerds in the viewing audience. But the fact that his invention didn't work, was just not funny.

Also, It is taking too long for Sheldon and Amy to become a more normal couple. By the time Sheldon gets his act together, I probably won't care anymore.

Frequent Contributor

I quit watching Revenge last year but then I did watch the last three episodes of the season. It had become really boring to me but the last show renewed my interest. I did watch the new show Sunday night and it was good. But I wonder when will I get bored with it . . .

The "Housewife" shows are something I watch once in a while. I started watching OC the second season and it did keep my interest until last year. I am kind of over it. I watched New York once in a while and New Jersey one season. They just do not interest me. I do like Beverly Hills. I really like Lisa Vanderpump; love her style. But do I think she is such a wonderful person, well not so much. I am a bit ashamed to admit I watch these shows. I think I really watch BH show because I like to see the houses, clothes, etc. They do not seem to be as trashy as the others. But honestly I was hoping Lisa Vanderpump would not sign up for the new season and I would not watch it anymore. Good thing I love to read.