Esteemed Contributor

Re: The shows you used to love but had to quit watching

Bored with American Idol, DWTS, all the talent shows. Some shows are getting too gory, Criminal Minds and Blacklist.

Valued Contributor

Revenge and Grey's Anatomy and the way Bones started out this season, that might be next.
Valued Contributor

Dance Mom, Asia, Scandal, Grey's, Big Brother, Project Runway, etc. Am just not going to watch TV I have seen over and over and all dance shows!!

Honored Contributor

Given up on HW shows,

There is nothing on the new season that I am even remotely interested in.

I taped the 1st ep of Blackish which I found very funny, I like Anthony Anderson very much going back to L&O days. Not sure who the demographic is on this show, hope it sticks around, the kids were cute, Lawrence Fishburne is in it and I can't remember the name of the actress who plays the wife.

Honored Contributor

Falling Skies

Atlanta Exes

Respected Contributor

Gave up DWTS last season and to be honest....I don't miss it at all.

I also gave up Once Upon a Time but have last season DVR'd just in case I get the urge to pick up where I left off.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop Sleepy Hollow.....the new season started on Monday but was just so-so to me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/26/2014 RINGER said:

Dance Mom, Asia, Scandal, Grey's, Big Brother, Project Runway, etc. Am just not going to watch TV I have seen over and over and all dance shows!!

I forgot about Dance Moms! I used to tune in every Tuesday evening, but I think I've only seen it one time in the last year. Same old, same old.

Honored Contributor

You know, I should have included the news. I used to be a news junkie, I even had season passes to news programming. Then I realized it was just the same stuff every day and I couldn't take the negativity anymore. So I quit. Now the only time I watch is a couple minutes of the weather if it happens to be on when I'm done watching a recorded show.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Oh! Jax mom, I agree with you. I also used to be a news junkie. I just can't watch it anymore.

I sometimes wish maybe even 5 minutes of a news show would be devoted to "good news". My youngest daughter (adult) lives in Denver. When I visited her for her operation I was talking with her about the difference in 'her news' versus 'my news' in the Washington, DC area.

She laughed and said, "I call it "fake news". She said, "It's nice that they might report on 'Sam's dog is missing' (something like that).

In other words it's not all politics and killing and pain. There is plenty of that, just not ALL that.

I can't remember seeing a good heart story line here. It would be nice. Now we have to hear over and over the terrible things that people are doing to each other (serves no purpose to report them maybe as much as 3 times in an hour). Once would be adequate because you can bet the next news story will (once again) repeat the same stories (probably embellish it) a few more times.

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot watch:

Criminal Minds- Too violent

Person of Interest - Getting bizzare

Dancing with the Stars- Looking for dances I can learn from and judges that judge without drama. Audience respect for judges not what I would expect.

Any show that does not end in one episode. Story plots take entire season.