Trusted Contributor

Re: The shows you used to love but had to quit watching

Real Housewives of OC, NJ, & NY (didn't watch any of the other ones)

House of Cards

There are many others, but these are the most recent ones that come to mind. H of C is very good, but it was just too evil for my taste {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

Revenge,Vampire Diaries,Housewives of Atlanta,Top Model,Amazing Race,Next Food Network Star, True Blood (quit seasons ago) before it ended,Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,Grays Anatomy,American Idol,Banshee......
Honored Contributor

I don't make a big deal of it .... when I find I've lost interest in something, I just move on .... there are plenty of other shows and I only have so much time ..... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Valued Contributor

NCIS: why do Gibbs and his mother-in-law get to literally get away with murder, but everyone else must pay and, like FlowershopGirl said, the arrested development of the characters.

Big Bang Theory: Annoyed that they made Raj a joke and the Amy character is probably one of my all-time least favorite characters - yuk. I liked the comic book store guy and I gather he is being featured more? That would be good, but I stopped watching mid-way through the season in which Howard got married. (Still love Jim Parsons, saw him on Who Do You Think You Are, the genealogy show)

Honored Contributor

True Blood

Trusted Contributor

Under the Dome, I gave up after a few episodes this summer.

America's Next Top Model, gave up after she let Ms. Jay, Mr. Jay and Nigel go. That Kelly woman is horrible.

Dancing with the Stars

And I am losing interest in Franklin and Bash.

Respected Contributor

Criminal Minds - Unsavory, graphic violence. Hannibal Lecter territory

CSI - Stopped watching when Grissom left. His character was central to the dynamics of all the other characters

Chopped - This show does not follow its own rules. They lost me when they decided leaving out an ingredient was not an automatic disqualification. Hello! Using all of the ingredients is the premise of the show

Law and Order: SVU - Stopped watching when Stabler left

NCIS - Love Mark Harmon but Gibbs is a first-class jerk. Who would put up with him in real life?

Respected Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Montana said:

CSI - Stopped watching when Grissom left. His character was central to the dynamics of all the other characters

CSI has never been must-see t.v. for me, but it was good filler if there was nothing else to watch. Like you, I didn't watch during the seasons that Laurence Fishburne was the team leader as I didn't like the character. When Ted Danson joined the cast, I gave it another try and I have to say that I like his character as team leader even better than Grissom. You might want to take a peek if you have room on your viewing schedule.

Honored Contributor

Red Eye - they made some changes that I don't like

Honored Contributor

I kind of get the feeling of loving a show, then it gets less attractive, but you are so invested that you keep watching - or you don't. Smiley Happy If I'm really invested it's hard for me to stop, especially if it is a limited (or limited at that point) run. But if it's open ended and I rather like something I can get tired of it and just stop watching.

I can't think of any that I really loved but lost interest, but I do tend to get bored easily so sometimes I just get to a point where I cannot watch another moment.

I used to watch Chopped too, and I came to a point where I just absolutely did not want to watch anymore. I don't think it was just one thing. I just lost interest.

I've watched shows that I tried to like - such as Under the Dome (dumbest show EVER) and The Following (Kevin Bacon deserves so much better!) - and, just before their first seasons ended, I couldn't stand to watch one more second so I deleted them and never looked back. I tried - I tried because Dome is a Stephen King piece and The Following had the great actor Kevin Bacon.