Honored Contributor

Re: The shows you used to love but had to quit watching

After tonight (way too political) with Scandal, if it keeps up, I might stop watching it. I get enough politics here in this area.

I want to see entertainment.

Trusted Contributor

Loved. would be too strong of a word, but I've already dumped Criminal Minds, NCIS, Bones, Castle, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, Under The Dome, CSI, The Mentalist, The Originals, Vampire Diaries, True Blood and Blue Bloods. I'm probably forgetting at least a dozen. I'm zoning out on S.H.I.E.L.D., Person of Interest, Covert Affairs (Mossad guy may change that), Rizzoli & Isles, and a few more. I'm only excited about Last Man Standing, Scorpion, Forever and The 100.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Super Contributor

Mad men. Turned weird with late 60s, drugs, hippies, etc.
Esteemed Contributor

Criminal Minds - I experienced a home invasion at age 19 -- I was so fortunate the intruder fled when he heard the gun click. Frightening still. I stopped watching Criminal Minds when there were so many home invasion themes.

The Following - Serial killer stuff is too vile for my taste. Besides, the good guy kept losing. Too dark and hopeless for me.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 HappyAndIKnowIt From NY said:

I've barely watched anything new since NYPD Blue and Homicide. I find the acting and the writing lacking in most shows these days and can't stick with them.

I like Big Bang Theory but something is lacking so far this season and I may have to drop it. I thought the storyline about Howard ended badly. If his invention had worked it would have shown that brains can match brawn. And it would have been encouraging for the little nerds in the viewing audience. But the fact that his invention didn't work, was just not funny.

Also, It is taking too long for Sheldon and Amy to become a more normal couple. By the time Sheldon gets his act together, I probably won't care anymore.

Happy, I agree with your opinion of Howard's invention. I wanted it to work too! I thought not having it do so, was a poor choice. Penny's personality seems to have changed a bit too. My husband says they all had to grow up a little a some point, however, I hope they don't change too much.

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching NCIS when Cote de Pablo left. She was the only interesting and intelligent character on that show.

I'm losing interest in Castle, Revenge, Gray's, but still watching hoping this will be their last seasons. I love Parenthood, but am glad it is ending this season. I just hope nobody dies.

I have never watched sitcoms, nor any of the housewives or reality shows. I used to watch Idol, but no more. Last season I watched DWTS because of Maks and Meryl. That kind of magic never happened before nor will it ever happen again on that show. I have not watched it this season at all.

I have always thought that continuing story line shows should end after three seasons, because that's when they start veering off and the writers don't know where they're going anymore. It almost seems as though they are writing as they go along.

I LOVED Reckless this past summer and certainly hope that will be renewed, but as a regular fall show with more episodes.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 luvingit said: Mad men. Turned weird with late 60s, drugs, hippies, etc.

Yes, I really liked Mad Men the first few seasons. I haven't watched the last 2 though.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

Criminal Minds. Too violent.
Honored Contributor

Under the Dome, Dallas, watch SOME of Dancing with the Stars, stopped watching The Voice, NCIS (because the character Mark Harmon plays is way too full of himself), Castle, Grays, many others.