Honored Contributor

"The car should be impounded imo, until they can provide all the proper paperwork."

This is one of the reasons I stopped watching Live PD.  I could not relate for one thing. 

Having lived in Pa & NJ your butt would be sitting in jail or prison, fined, and/or going to "classes"  for some of the things the drivers get away w/on that show.  Especially in N.J.  That state does not play!!!!

To me the show Cops is more realistic.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: The show LIVE PD

[ Edited ]

“...realistic...”

Um...they are both recorded/real-time law enforcement programs,

so.....it’s not a contest.

One has legal & LE commentary educating the viewers why police

do what they do. And I commend them on the 3hr commitment

each Friday/Saturday. 

‘Cops’ is just recorded quick, sound bites smashed together for

30 minutes...leaving their viewers with more questions than answers.  

That’s how police myths of ‘just shoot’em in the leg” type of

thought perpetuates. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The show LIVE PD

[ Edited ]

Thanks to these forums, I started watching Live PD, and I love it!  I cannot wait till Friday & Saturday nights to get my fix, and then sometimes a bonus show on Thursday night!  Yes, sometimes "domestic abuse" gets really old, and it is usually when one or the other or even both persons are drinking/drunk!  It just amazes how some people live their lives!  The most interesting parts on just regular traffic stops and what can happen, things can really get wild!

As far as @Mz iMac , "relating"  .........  I have never been arrested but I don't live in never never land and know that the world is full of crazy folks!

I guess the most bizarre area to me  is Nye Co., NV, now there are some really strange folks that live there!  Last night's episode of the destroyed rental property was horrible!  Looked like animals had lived in that house!

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

Honored Contributor

I used to watch it quite a bit. It certainly is amazing who they come across.

Valued Contributor

Sometimes I watch it and think, maybe prohibition wasn't such a bad idea after all!

(no I'm not a teetotalerRobot tongue)

Trusted Contributor

I think a lot of times when they let people go for things like insurance problems or whatever it's because they're looking for bigger things. I think they are often out for a certain task like looking for drugs or guns or drink driving so if they find pretty quickly that it's just a basic stop they cut them loose if they can.

And that means more time for us to see Carmack and Curley. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac did you ever see the show Parking Wars?  They impound cars left and right for parking tickets in PA.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp   YUP!  Loved Parking Wars.  Sorry it's not on any longer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

OMG Parking Wars is great. I love for people to see what people that work with the pubic have to deal with.

I think it's on once in a while in the morning? I'll have to check but I think I flipped the channel on one day and it was on.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone still tune into LivePD?