Trusted Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

Not many Live PD viewers here anymore?

I was watching Friday night, a few mins. before the show ended Dan made a sad announcement that one of the Williamson Co. Texas deputies, (actually he was a corporal) Corporal Joey "Speedy" Espericueta was killed by a suspect he was in a foot pursuit with Thursday night. You can google Live PD or I found a link that has a clip of him interacting in his duties and is a bit of a longer article than the one on Live PD.

www.opslens.com/201906/live-pd-hero-cop-murdered-during-foot-pursuit

Rest In Peace Corporal Espericueta

Yes this was so sad. I had heard about the shooting in the AM but the name hadn't been released. After they released his name that afternoon I saw a picture and realized who he was. HIs name didn't click with me right away.

This weekend was filled with wild people. I was seriously impressed that the cop in Sante Fe knew right away that the stolen car story was probably bogus. I was so distracted by the drunken guy in that case that I coudn't think of much else.

Honored Contributor

Re: The show LIVE PD

[ Edited ]

@SeaGal @pigletsmom  

I'm sorry to hear that sad news..Smiley Sad

I did  watch   most of Friday nights show but i  turned it off about 30-45 min. before it was over..i couldn't stay awake any longer.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom  I love this show!  It does get a little tedious sometimes though.  

I was also also sorry to hear about the policeman being shot.  I was glad they acknowledged it because it it does happen.  I think sometimes we get complacent about the people who protect us, something like this brings the seriousness back to where it should be.

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal , I am still watching every weekend, they will be on vacation for 2 wks., and I will miss them, LOL!  Lately every stop is about drugs, what a sad world it has become!  A simple traffic stop can become a fiasco!  Last week, an officer was stuck with a needle while doing a body search, and I felt so sorry for him!  He had just asked the man if he had anything on him, and he had said no!

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty  Live PD is my addiction.  Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the country with a DRIVER'S LICENSE!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

The general public is so quick to criticize policemen for split second decisions.  They have no idea how quickly things can happen.  It is so scary.  It drives me crazy when people ask why they didn't aim for an extremity instead of the body.  While policemen get a lot of practice with their guns, they are not marksmen, especially when you are often dealing with moving targets.  You aim for the largest target.  Besides, you don't want to miss aiming for an extremity, missing, and have that bullet hit an unintended target.  

There was also a 26-year old officer killed a few days ago in Sacramento.  She was still in training and was not alone at the time she was shot.  

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@SeaGal , I am still watching every weekend, they will be on vacation for 2 wks., and I will miss them, LOL!  Lately every stop is about drugs, what a sad world it has become!  A simple traffic stop can become a fiasco!  Last week, an officer was stuck with a needle while doing a body search, and I felt so sorry for him!  He had just asked the man if he had anything on him, and he had said no!

@Hooty , I saw the officer get stuck last week, I bet he was livid tho he remained so calm. He was even protecting himself from blood and such with those blue latex gloves. I felt so bad for him, now he has to be tested each week for some time.

I get tired of almost every driver either w/o a license, suspended license, unregistered, no insurance, stop after stop after stop. Geez here we do our duty to be responsible owner/drivers and we have sooo many that just thumb their noses at the law. It is so maddening. And then all those drugs...  Good grief.

I usually have the show on but listen w/ 1 ear! 

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV , I cannot believe how many people in the world that do not have a Driver's License and they act like "I need a license to drive a car", Duh!!!