Honored Contributor

I sorta binge watched it today, although some of it was binge listening during my 2 hour nap.  I think my shingles shot kicked me.  I used to watch Cops years ago.  Today was my first time watching this show although a friend mentioned it to me a couple of years ago.  I didn't quite understand the concept because I was thinking Live meant following one cop around live and that could be kinda boring.  

I noticed there was also a commercial for a spinoff called Live Rescue.  I may have to check that out.  I used to love Trauma, Life in the ER and real-life ER shows like that, but then they all became reruns and I got tired of them.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I'm also going to give the new show a try when it comes on..

My late dh was a EMT  plus a# 3  Fire Chief...Heart

Also still have a few friends on the department...younger ones are replacing the retired members.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

I still watch. I'm missing Pasco and El Paso though.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes if I'm doing nothing I will tune into this but I find it to be lame.  A lot of it is taped and anytime something halfway decent might happen, they have to take a break or they move on to something else, as if they are afraid they might catch something live that is too shocking for the public to see.  

They used to have a show on where the cops wore the body cameras and that was much better.  It was taped but it was more graphic and more real life than Live PD.

Everyone they pull over on Live PD either has no license or they are driving drunk or have weed on them.  Same thing over and over, week in and week out.  

Honored Contributor

Re: The show LIVE PD

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Does anyone still tune into LivePD?  

We still DVR and watch it - mainly because it seems there are so few things to watch!

I like LivePD - but we do fast forward through some of each episode - we have no interest in watching domestic arguments or drunk people.  That  generally leaves us with car stops.  Hands down my favorite part of each episode is anything involving the K-9s.

I am looking forward to watching the new show LiveRescue.  (I just hope it isn't too "gory" because then I'll be fast forwarding again)

Trusted Contributor

So now Sticks is writing a book. OMG it's offical overkill with this guy. They act like he's the reason the show is so popular and pretty soon it's going to be A&E Network starring Sticks.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

So now Sticks is writing a book. OMG it's offical overkill with this guy. They act like he's the reason the show is so popular and pretty soon it's going to be A&E Network starring Sticks.

@pigletsmom , LOL, I agree, I don't think he is anyone special, I like the other guy, Tom, much better!

I watched some of the new show on Monday night, I am not a fan of Ashleigh Banfield, so I did not care for it!

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom 

I agree about Sticks...they are really promoting him....not a good thing for me!

I'm getting bored w/h having to be in them all.....!

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom 

oops..need to add i also miss Pasco and other...is that in Nev.  right

El Paso also.

preds 06-21-20
Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

@pigletsmom , LOL, I agree, I don't think he is anyone special, I like the other guy, Tom, much better!

I watched some of the new show on Monday night, I am not a fan of Ashleigh Banfield, so I did not care for it!

I like Tom too. I feel like Sticks really pushes his cool factor or something. And if they think they need him for everything they are nuts. They promoted him for the Monday show and never mentioned the other two guys who I immediatley knew once I saw them. I too find Ashleigh annoying. Lots of twitter talk of her flirting with Sticks all week. It was weird. I think she's married unless that marriage only lasted a short time.