Trusted Contributor

I liked it! Going to keep it scheduled to tape each week. I like the female police officer and her family. 

It was freaky when they were at the cabin and the guy broke in. That's when I knew I was hooked on the show! I'll be interested to watch more to see what happens. 

Since she knew to cut the thing out...she definitely knows more than she's telling?

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I liked it! Going to keep it scheduled to tape each week. I like the female police officer and her family. 

It was freaky when they were at the cabin and the guy broke in. That's when I knew I was hooked on the show! I'll be interested to watch more to see what happens. 

Since she knew to cut the thing out...she definitely knows more than she's telling?

I like the lead actress. She was in a show I recently watched on Hulu, she played a police officer in the first season of Fargo ( it was the best of the three seasons).

Trusted Contributor

I really liked it. But I always like stories that have a touch of the supernatural or unexplainable. When we saw the first trailer for it on TV my husband said " there's one I know you're going to watch ." But I have to agree with the poster who said these kind of shows never last long. I almost hate to invest in another series that will either get cancelled or only last one season. I was so disappointed when the Village was cancelled. But I will be back next week to see the second episode of Emergence.

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

@chrystaltree  I agree with you on that point. DH and I have watched many only to have them cancelled or suddenly ended with no conclusion.My coworker was telling me about this show today.I told her I will try on demand in 9 weeks or so if it makes it.

That's what I decided.  I'm not going to jump in no matter what the buzz is, I'll wait until winter and watch On Demand if it seems like it will last a season.  I'm still bummed about the two shows from last season that I loved.  One was also an "airplane" show and the other was about a little mystery girl.  LOL   So, they lumped the two failed shows from last year together and are giving it another try...LOL   

Regular Contributor

I love these types of shows and I liked the first episode.

But, like others have said, this genre is usually cancelled.  I'm not sure why when there are so many sitcoms, crime shows, etc. on TV.

I was disappointed with the cancellation of many .... like Resurrection and The Returned.

Hope this one doesn't meet the same fate.  lol

Super Contributor

@tammysu  I loved Resurrection and The Returned. Resurrection lasted two seasons and I felt the ending was tacked on for some kind of closure when the show was cancelled. I haven't watched Emergence yet but will check it out. I am on another TV forum and they are comparing it to Lost. I was a die hard Lostie. Family and friends knew not to call during Lost. I read in TV Guide that Terry Quinn will be joining the Emergence cast.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Estates wrote:

@chrystaltree  I agree with you on that point. DH and I have watched many only to have them cancelled or suddenly ended with no conclusion.My coworker was telling me about this show today.I told her I will try on demand in 9 weeks or so if it makes it.

That's what I decided.  I'm not going to jump in no matter what the buzz is, I'll wait until winter and watch On Demand if it seems like it will last a season.  I'm still bummed about the two shows from last season that I loved.  One was also an "airplane" show and the other was about a little mystery girl.  LOL   So, they lumped the two failed shows from last year together and are giving it another try...LOL   

@chrystaltreewas the other airplane one Manifest? I watched the first 2 episodes of that and found it weird and moved on.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

Re: The show Emergence

[ Edited ]

Did anyone catch when Piper told the grandfather that the cancer pills will not work & he did not follow up on how she knew that?

Did anyone notice that the police officer did not ask Piper if the name "Olivia" rang a bell?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

I watched the show this morning On Demand and loved it. This will be a regular Tuesday night show for me. I will be laying on the couch glued to TV on Tuesday. The Conners, This Is Us, and now Emergence. I hope this show makes it. I really enjoyed it and look forward to solving the mystery of who is Piper.

Honored Contributor

Is Manifest returning? If not, that's another one we invested time in with no resolution.