Respected Contributor

Not much creeps me out more than the thought of A.I.  I would be less disturbed had the girl turned out to be some kind of alien from another galaxy.  We shall see how this turns out.  Next week will be interesting, for sure.

Honored Contributor

I think that 'code' being broadcast on that radio is an underground message to other possible robot escapees. I think there might be a colony of them somewhere in hiding and that code might be somehow giving them directions to it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Hiding in plain sight.

My take...

I believe the couple who died in the car crash were A.I. because that guy "melted" their bodies in the autopsy room.

I also believe everybody on the crashed plane were A.I.  The place was cleaned up w/in a few hours.

This girl is a "special" A.I.  She survived a plane & car crash & the other A.I.s did not.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Not much creeps me out more than the thought of A.I.  I would be less disturbed had the girl turned out to be some kind of alien from another galaxy.  We shall see how this turns out.  Next week will be interesting, for sure.

I agree! I'm curious if it's going to be as simple as she's A.I. 

I loved seeing the actor again who used to be on Lost. He was great on that show and I'm sure he'll be good on this one. So far, I'm really impressed with the cast. 

For some odd reason, my DVR didn't tape the 2nd show so I've seen the 1st and 3rd only. I'll have to check if I have access for the 2nd show on demand or online. This is 1 drama so far that I'm impressed with for the new Fall season. This show is helping fill the void of missing Manifest since it's not on until this Winter. It's a similar eery sci-fi drama with likeable characters. 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac   What interesting comments.  Those melting bodies in the morgue were really something.  They turned to mush after a wafer of some kind was put into their mouths.  Pretty gross!

If you combine the hypothesis from @SilleeMee that those beeping code numbers lead to a special location for certain A.I. to gather, with your feeling that the Piper is a "special" A.I. that can survive crashes, then, the show becomes a bit more reminiscent of the movie "I, Robot" in a way.  We shall find out in the weeks to come for sure (if the show isn't cancelled before we can).

Super Contributor

If she is AI and there is an escaped colony somewhere,  then it reminds me of the past show called Dark Angel.

Trusted Contributor

@lilypadfrog I was thinking that it reminded me of Dark Angel too! Funny, Dark Angel was set in the year 2019. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

It's an ok show-we catch up on HULU so no commercials. 

I like Allison Tolman-enjoyed her performances in Fargo, Good Girls, and Castle Rock.

It was pretty obvious "Piper" was not human-especially watching her cut out that device from her neck.  Plus surviving a plane crash and a car crash.

Although those bodies did indeed melt I'm not sure if that "wafer" was some sort of advanced alien technology to rapidly decompose a human body or if it was to decompose a robot.

I think the show has potential but sometimes these type of shows barely make one season.

If the writers keep up the suspense, it may be ok.

Will keep watching for now.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: The show Emergence

[ Edited ]

Last episode, "No Outlet", was very good. We're getting some answers but they are leading to more questions. I'd like to know more about Jo's mother and where she is now. Would also like to know more about her father, too....he seems odd to me.

I was sort of right about a colony I mentioned earlier. They found that using the radio signal which was decoded to reveal it's location. What they found was creepy.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Last episode, "No Outlet", was very good. We're getting some answers but they are leading to more questions. I'd like to know more about Jo's mother and where she is now. Would also like to know more about her father, too....he seems odd to me.

I was sort of right about a colony I mentioned earlier. They found that using the radio signal which was decoded to reveal it's location. What they found was creepy.

I fell asleep right after she cut the gate lock chain and they found the village.  What did i miss after?  I am guessing that is where they schooled the AI into being humans.