Valued Contributor

Did anyone watch the premiere last night, if so, what were your thoughts? I like shows like that, I’m hoping it still holds my interest.  I plan to watch it regularly: 

Respected Contributor

Wish I could answer your questions @Glitter51 but I DVR'd and will watch tonight. I hope the rest of the show is as good as the promo clips were!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Glitter51 -

Thanks for the recommendation!

That looks so good.

It seems you can also stream it on Hulu starting 9/24.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: The show Emergence

[ Edited ]

I do like science fiction  and the show has promise.  But shows like this tend to crash and burn.  There were a couple of them last year that did not survive so I don't know if I'll waste my time on a show that might be gone by January.  It's not a matter of the show being good or bad; these types of shows don't do well on network tv.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Glitter51 @I watched, I like weird shows! What did Piper dig out of her neck, a tracker or something? Does anyone think she may possibly be an alien? The show held my attention, I’ll be back ( I read that there will be answers to our questions early on, they’re not going to drag things out).

Trusted Contributor

I watched and was intrigued by what I found.  Who or what brought her to the place or earth, etc.  The sheriff's family provided an added dimension: mother's absence, divorce, biracial marriage and child.  The setting, Long Island, was also surprising.  Piper is a point of intrigue.  I 'm coming back next week.  

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 - yeah it looked like some sort of tracker. I figured that's how her  "parents" found her at that house.  It has promise to be  a good mystery, hope they answer things fast though. I hate things to drag out.  

Honored Contributor

Re: The show Emergence

[ Edited ]

I really enjoyed it! Love shows like that. The woman cop seems very likable and not like a stern police force. She seems to be like a good neighbor or friend. The little girl appears to be hiding her identity. I think she is pretending to have amnesia. I think the fake parents, and fake NTSB people are from the future as is that little girl who may be the one who escaped into the present and caused the crash on that beach. Those people and the girl may not even be human...but some kind of super beings who are 'emerging' out of being held captive because of their super abilities. 

That's my interp of the show already....Woman Very Happy

eta - There is a book by the same name and that's about a little girl, too.

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree  I agree with you on that point. DH and I have watched many only to have them cancelled or suddenly ended with no conclusion.My coworker was telling me about this show today.I told her I will try on demand in 9 weeks or so if it makes it.

Super Contributor

I really enjoyed it! I hope it stays.