Respected Contributor

The (old) series The Americans

I spent the last week watching all 6 seasons of this series.  In the end, there were so many loose ends.

When a series ends, I want it to finalize the major storylines.

Honored Contributor

Re: The (old) series The Americans

Me,also!

Esteemed Contributor

Such a favorite TV series. It's been a while but loved it. Enjoy

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I love this show!  There are so many loose ends they could have several more seasons to cover them.  What happened to Paige?  Henry?  Stan?  Is Rene a Russian agent (I think she is)?  What happened to Martha, did she live happily ever after with an adopted daughter?  And, how did Phillip and Elizabeth live out the rest of their lives?

So many questions.  Sigh, I'll never know the answers.

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I love this show!  There are so many loose ends they could have several more seasons to cover them.  What happened to Paige?  Henry?  Stan?  Is Rene a Russian agent (I think she is)?  What happened to Martha, did she live happily ever after with an adopted daughter?  And, how did Phillip and Elizabeth live out the rest of their lives?

So many questions.  Sigh, I'll never know the answers.

Bingo! And what about Oleg Burov?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

lulu1 - Good question!  

Do you watch "Homeland"?  I think the actor who played Oleg is on the show this season.  In this series he also plays a Russian agent.  But I'm not sure if it is him, I don't remember the actor's name who played Oleg.

There are only 2 episodes left of "Homeland", the series is ending.  It's pretty good, but not quite as good as "The Americans."

I watched "The Americans" when it originally aired, and it was AGONY to have to wait a whole week to see the next episode!   And it was MONTHS between seasons!   Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I've just started watching it on DVD from Netflix. I like it but not as much as I thought I would...4 stars so far instead of 5. I'm only tnree episodes in. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I loved that show!  I've been thinking of giving it a round 2, even though I know what is going to happen.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I've just started watching it on DVD from Netflix. I like it but not as much as I thought I would...4 stars so far instead of 5. I'm only tnree episodes in. 

@esmerelda 

Give it a few more episodes.  It took a few for me before I really got hooked.  Then I couldn't stop!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife No worries. I do plan to watch the entire series. 

Keepin' it real.