Esteemed Contributor

Re: The new show the masked singer

I agree with @Tique.  I found the show to be underwhelming.  I fast forwarded through most of it, just stopping to listen to the actual singing.  It would be more fun for me if, when the celebrity is unmasked, I knew who it was.  I'm not big into sports and didn't know that guy (football player?).  

Regular Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Any guesses on who's under those costumes? 

I am thinking Corey Feldman or Maculey Culkin for the Peacock and Tori Spelling for the Unicorn.

The Lion looks very familiar to me.

I also think Tori Spelling is the unicorn.

Trusted Contributor

I think the concept is good but to me the show just didn't cut it.  Not sure what the problem was but was not enjoyable. Boring is a good word.

Honored Contributor

DARN!  After reading this thread, I was hoping for more positive feedback. I recorded the first show but now I'm hesitant to even watch it now.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@DREAMON I'm at a loss. Perhaps the deer was Payton Manning, but that was my only guess for show one.

@AuntG, I too thought Payton Manning for the deer.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

DARN!  After reading this thread, I was hoping for more positive feedback. I recorded the first show but now I'm hesitant to even watch it now.

It isn't the best how I have ever seen but I didn't think it was bad at all. It did hold my interest ..I guess I'm in the minority.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I suggest you watch it and make your own decision.  Things that bothered other people didn't bother me.....judges making comments during the performances, for example.  I'll probably watch again.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I suggest you watch it and make your own decision.  Things that bothered other people didn't bother me.....judges making comments during the pervormances, for example.  I'll probably watch again.

I liked the judges making the comments...it gave me clues. I don't know if they are wrong or right ..time will tell.

Honored Contributor

If we’re registering guesses here, I strongly believe the peacock is:

Spoiler
Donny Osmond

DH thinks the deer is:

Spoiler
Peyton Manning 

Respected Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I suggest you watch it and make your own decision.  Things that bothered other people didn't bother me.....judges making comments during the pervormances, for example.  I'll probably watch again.

I liked the judges making the comments...it gave me clues. I don't know if they are wrong or right ..time will tell.

I agree. The judges were speculating among themselves as they tried to identify the singers. Their observations pointed out things I might have missed otherwise.