Super Contributor

I am just curious but I wonder if anyone else feels the same way I do.  All of us deal with the pandemic, with masks, racial protests, the political news etc in our daily lives.  I find I really dont want to see more of it on TV.  I know the new shows are trying to be pertinent to our lives but, no, I dont really need that right now.  I find myself turning on retro tv or watching old movies.  Does anyone else feel the same or am I simply too sensitive about it all..

Respected Contributor

@lilypadfrog wrote:

I am just curious but I wonder if anyone else feels the same way I do.  All of us deal with the pandemic, with masks, racial protests, the political news etc in our daily lives.  I find I really dont want to see more of it on TV.  I know the new shows are trying to be pertinent to our lives but, no, I dont really need that right now.  I find myself turning on retro tv or watching old movies.  Does anyone else feel the same or am I simply too sensitive about it all..

Totally agree. I skipped tonight's premiere of a show I normally watch because i knew the premise was focused on current/recent events. Not interested and I'll continue to pass on such shows and not give them my viewership. Hope enough others skip as well so they get the message and get back to entertainment.

Respected Contributor

@lilypadfrog wrote:

@lilypadfrog I want to be sympathetic to the writers and actors of the shows that had to halt production because of these horrific times but I also feel a break from medical and political issues are needed to heal also.  

My favorite shows are medical based as that is my background however I'll take a break from new episodes if they remain dramas all based on current events. 

Trusted Contributor

@lilypadfrog You're not the only one who feels that way.  It's been discussed in the comments on TVLine, too.  I haven't personally skipped any of my shows, but I'll also be glad when they move on and get back to more normal story lines.  I watch The Good Doctor and they've done two coronavirus episodes so far (I've read only two episodes will focus on it) and I wasn't really looking forward to them, but I thought they were well done.

Tonight, Bob Hearts Abishola returned and they didn't deal with any current events.  It was nice to watch something "normal."  I also love SEAL Team and I think I read on TVLine they won't be dealing with current events.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

@lilypadfrog  I sure do feel as you do. I want entertainment please.

Honored Contributor

I was glad to see The Good Doctor has moved on from the pandemic.  Hopefully, it will remain that way.  Also hope Chicago Med also moves on.  I'm just not interested, nor am I interested in being schooled on all the problems in today's news cycle. 

Super Contributor

One smart cookie,

Tonight was my breaking point... on All Rise, the judge stood in the street and said "no".  So did I as I turned the channel.  I can't do it anymore.

Super Contributor

I am glad I am not alone.  I am going to be very careful about what I watch.  I may start binging on Columbo, among others.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about All Rise that was just so preachy. Bull was full of bull. I didn't want to watch a musical. IMHO any shows that are on ABC, NBC and CBS are going to be along these lines. I think if you watch Ovation, AMC, BBC and Hallmark, you should be ok. I am sure if you are streaming you probably won't be subject to these topics. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the Neighborhood tonight, I felt like they handled a difficult  subject with sensitivity.  Maybe it also  helped some to understand. the frustration that  some feel, I hope so.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan