Honored Contributor

The new season of Mindhunter returns

[ Edited ]

The new season of Mindhunter returns to Netflix next week. Season 2 begins on Friday, August 16th. Season 1 is also available.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The new season of Mindhunter returns

@Mindy D , glad to hear it.  I really enjoyed Season 1.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting!  

Respected Contributor

Great show.

Super Contributor

@Mindy D  Thank you for the reminder. Mindhunter has 

taken almost two years to return. I plan to rewatch Season 1 this week before the Friday premiere. It's a great Netflix series about the early days of profiling for serial killers. It's my understanding that this season will feature the Atlanta Child Murders. The actor that played Edward Kemper last season was scary good. The early murders of the BTK killer were also featured. A good series worth checking out.

Respected Contributor

Enjoyed season 2. Really hope foe season 3. And maybe an explanation of BTK scenes.

Respected Contributor

Great show!  Wonderful acting. Love agent Ford!  All the actors who play the imprisoned killers are amazing. I am on the episode5 of season 2.

Respected Contributor

I am watching Season 2. I like the retro sets and music. I keep creeping myself out by watching it just before bed.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had the date marked on my calendar since I have been waiting a year and a half since I watched Season 1. I TRIED to spread the episodes out so I wouldn't go through them so quickly, but, nope, all done! I hope there is a season 3 because they do have to tie up the BTK story.

ETA - looks like so many people ripped through all nine episodes, they are most likely going to go for 5 seasons! Bad news is that the next season will not be available until late 2020 or even 2021. It hasn't been officially renewed, but there isn't much doubt that it will be. The articles mentioned BTK, possibly Green River, Bundy, Gacy, and more! Can't wait, and yes, I admit that I must be a little sick! I will have to make do with Criminal Minds in the meantime!

Super Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  I try to pace myself also and watch only 2 episodes a night. I noticed the first two episodes were only 45 minutes. I am currently on episode 4 . This series is so good and the actor's serial killers nail their performances. The actor that plays Tench is my favorite character in the show. The actor is so good and I don't recognize him from any of his other work. I know Holden is a well known Broadway actor and Anna Torv was on Fringe. It takes Netflix forever to put a series back on the air. I wish we got more episodes if they are going to take a year or more to return.