Honored Contributor

Re: The new Supermarket Sweep?

Is this the show where contestants race around the store trying to fill their carts with the highest dollar amount of grocereis?  I never understood why they wouldn't go directly to the meat counter and fill their cart.

Respected Contributor

They sure improved the amount of the money prizes.  I still watch the old version sometimes on BUZZR.  I will continue to watch the new version, too.  

Honored Contributor

Personally, I'm fed up with networks filling up prime time hours with game shows and calling it a day. They must be cheap and easy to produce. Pathetic that they continue to simply cede quality television to subscription services.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Anyone watch the new Supermarket Sweep hosted by Leslie Jones?  What did you think?  I grew up with the old Supermarket Sweep and was really looking forward to the new one.  I don't care for the host, but I still love the show itself.  

@Jordan2, I haven't talked to you in a while.  How are you doing and how's everything going?  

@Stargazer77 how sweet of you to ask, I'm doing okay, I'm missing my mother, I still feel isolated during the pandemic. I do try to put on a happy face, even if I'm not because no one wants to be around a downer. By the way I watched the show last night, I don't recall the original, I found this boring, it's not for me. I have been busy on the boards, especially the TV forum giving my recommendations on shows. I hope all is well with you.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree really wrong host!  half the time I could not understand what she was saying...love the show back in t he day.....but they really need to replace the host

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Personally, I'm fed up with networks filling up prime time hours with game shows and calling it a day. They must be cheap and easy to produce. Pathetic that they continue to simply cede quality television to subscription services.

@stevieb I think the networks don't have much of an option, the usual shows aren't ready yet, they have to fill airtime with something. They have been putting on shows from Canada ( Coroner and Transplant) and Devils aired in Europe first, or airing  shows that were on streaming platforms.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb I think the networks don't have much of an option, the usual shows aren't ready yet, they have to fill airtime with something. They have been putting on shows from Canada ( Coroner and Transplant) and Devils aired in Europe first, or airing  shows that were on streaming platforms.

@Jordan2  Could be... but then let them buy more shows from elsewhere to broadcast, as CW did with Tell Me a Story and as you note above... Each to their own, but I'm simply not watching game shows in prime time... They used to be the norm for morning or afternoon television and I say let them be so again... I don't watch TV in the mornings... Game shows have never been a favorite of mine and there are already too many 'competition' shows on television...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd never heard of the original Supermarket Sweep before, but did just start seeing it on BUZZR this year.

I think it's kind of lame--the couple doing the *fill in the blank* part of it to win $5000 at the end. 

Sometimes the answers are so stupid or far-fetched, I'd want to knock over the stacked orange pyramid on purpose.

Funny how people always go to the roasts, then the turkeys and add five huge blocks of cheese---you need to head all the way back to the front of the store because you're cart is FULL.  Wasted time.  !!!

Seems there's so much that's more expensive and smaller, they need to peruse the store and come up with a better shopping plan.  Guess there wasn't much in organic choices or Brita filters back then?  LOL.

Valued Contributor

was just a TERRIBLE SHOW and TERRIBLE HOST.

CALM down  LESILE.

Respected Contributor

I only watched the first 30 minutes of it and then FF through the rest.  Can't stand Leslie Jones' screeching and obnoxious ways.  I will not be watching future shows.
I can't watch the new versions of all the revamped shows on ABC.  I'm just so used to the old ones that they aren't the same.
I still watch the old SS on BUZZR and will keep watching it over this one.