Valued Contributor

Re: The new Supermarket Sweep?

@ValuSkr wrote:

Is this the show where contestants race around the store trying to fill their carts with the highest dollar amount of grocereis?  I never understood why they wouldn't go directly to the meat counter and fill their cart.

Many contestants do just that along with the huge hunks of cheese but I believe there is a limit of five.

Valued Contributor

I WATCHED IT BUT CANT STAND HER AND SHES SO  LOUDDDD    

Honored Contributor

terrible host and for sure I won't tune in again...but, loved the original version.  I think this show was worse than new Match Game spouse watched.  

Super Contributor

My husband and I are huge fans of the original version.  It was our favorite show  "back in the day" and we still watch the repeats.

We watched the new version last night and it was just too much.  Too loud and hyper LOL!    We turned it off after the first show.  

Bring back David Ruprecht  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 I'm sure you're missing your mom very much.  Hugs to you.

I saw in your other comment you mentioned some of the TV shows the networks have purchased.  I've been watching most of them.  I think the CW is doing really well in this aspect.  I really enjoyed Coroner and Tell Me A Story (I think I might like the story lines this season better than last season, but we'll see, great casts, in any case).  I'm pretty meh about Devils, so far.  I'm really liking Transplant.  I also like Filthy Rich with Kim Cattrall.  It's a good soapy fluff kinda show.

You take good care of yourself.  Heart

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 if you're interested there is a thread on Tell Me A Story and Coroner.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of game shows, but I like Leslie Jones, so I tuned in.  I like it, it moves right along and you can tell Leslie loves the game, she is a very enthusiastic person. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I decided to give it another shot and Leslie seems to have calmed down a lot.  I wonder if the network got complaints about her screaming all the time.  I fell asleep when the 2nd half started and didn't feel like rewinding DVR.  Not sure if I'll watch it again.  I'm old school and still like the old one better that I still watch on BUZZR.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will not watch again!!  There seem to be so many shows where the hosts just make the show about themselves...too loud, too irritating and too obnoxious. 

To my eye, any host - of a TV competition show - should just be the connecting line between the contestants and the viewers.  The show is about the participants, not the host!!!

I have stopped watching several shows because of the hosts taking over the show....Dancing with Stars, The Voice etc 

Honored Contributor

I did get a chance to watch it this past weekend and I thought she was terrible. Not funny, way too obnoxious and loud...just awful.JMO