Valued Contributor

Re: The new MARY POPPINS movie

I have to admit I was such a sceptic when I heard there was a remake in the works. The original was SO good, I didn’t want it messed with. THEN I HEARD WHO WAS IN THE CAST AND SAW THE TRAILER❣️❣️❣️ I’ll be one of the first in line on opening day! (Our local entertainment reporter, here in So. California, said there was an early screening for critics and the words “Oscar” and “Emily Blunt” were being used in the same sentence.) Can you imagine? Both Mary Poppins’ winning Academy Awards?!!! Wow, those Disney people may really be on to something!👍🏻😜

Honored Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

@Homegirl@  LOL @ what DVD said to the makeup artist.   Clearly he still has a sharp wit.  Good for him!  I hope he's with us for many years to come.

Wit, absolutely! But apparently his dancing in the cameo, AT 91 YEARS OLD, IS RIDICULOUS!!!! He’s AMAZING!! 

@Ifeelwicked  Please don't shout at me (typing on a chat board in capital letters is considered shouting).  I don't think my post merited being shouted at.  Thank you.

Valued Contributor

@Pearley wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

@Homegirl@  LOL @ what DVD said to the makeup artist.   Clearly he still has a sharp wit.  Good for him!  I hope he's with us for many years to come.

Wit, absolutely! But apparently his dancing in the cameo, AT 91 YEARS OLD, IS RIDICULOUS!!!! He’s AMAZING!! 

@Ifeelwicked  Please don't shout at me (typing on a chat board in capital letters is considered shouting).  I don't think my post merited being shouted at.  Thank you.

My caps were meant as a huge compliment to the incredible talent that is ****** Van ******. I’m sorry you mistook it as having anything to do with you. I was agreeing with you and giving DVD even more deserved credit. I’d shout his talents from the rooftops  if I could.

Honored Contributor

Blunt at the premiere:

emily-blunt-mary-poppins.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

D Van D did a soft shoe routine on the Middle in 2015. He played Jerry Van D y k e's brother. And Jerry Van D y k e was Frankie's Dad. Glad he is doing so well.

Valued Contributor

HSN is offering several darling, Disney trademarked, Mary Poppins umbrellas with the “parrot” handle, in conjunction with the new movie’s release. $29 (reg. $49) the day I ordered. Too cute☂️ 

Respected Contributor

Have not seen the first one yet.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I have a Mary Poppins umbrella also. Only used once. He sits in my foyer in an umbrella stand. He makes me smile.

Respected Contributor

Parade Magazine has a nice write up about D Van D and Lin-Manuel Miranda about the old Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns.

D Van D will be 93 on December 13. He looks great.

Regular Contributor

My Dad took me to see it as a little girl. Then he took me out and bought me the doll. I still have her. What great memories. I will go and see this. Very excited Robin